Gasoline smell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi i just got an 02' LT 4X4 as my first car!It snowed here in NC yesterday and now my truck smells like gas?I first noticed it walking by the truck to put the garbage cans away and i went up to the grille and took a whiff.then i decided to pop the hood and the odor is heavy on the drivers side and you can barely smell it on the passengers.their are no leaks under the truck and it dosent stink inside while driving?it also stinks around the exhaust like gas but very faintly?the truck has the 5.3 vortec ffv.:confused:

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
There is a very high probability that the truck had the intake gaskets replaced. Now in doing this, one would have to loosen the fuel lines as part of the intake removal process.

The tech could have left it loose ACCIDENTLY. IIWY, I would call the dealer you purchased from and get any sort of info you can. Do not drive it, as doing so with possibly leaky fuel lines could start a fire.

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck runs fine & starts up perfectly.Going to call dealer when they open and have it towed in.Thank god i got the extended warranty.

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a shot in the dark. The fuel pressure regulator is no good. This would explain the gas smell on the drivers side and at the exhaust. But normally this items gives you a starting complaint. Let us know.

John