General Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not have anything BUT second row buckets. The I've had a bench in was my 2000 Z71, before buckets were available. With buckets, it is easier to see out the back, it looks better, and it adds money on resale. I guess if you had a big family, you may want a second row bench, but for just the two of us, the buckets work better.

sdoo25

Reaction score
Ha ha,
I love it,
no need to fight, its all GM.
1 quick question, those who have navigation package: how accurate are the maps, and the POI's? And when was the last update? Are they frequent? In South Florida, things change quickly; restaurants come and go; subdivisions appear overnight.

That would determine wether I should get it or just use my portable unit.

The nav works great for us in Tampa. Obviously the newer restaurants and poi's aren't in the system, so it doesn't find everything and isn't as updated as the portable units that can be hooked up to the internet and updated more frequently. Overall no complaints, the GM nav works much better than the one in our Passat. I think the maps are updated once a year. We just got a new nav disc in August of 2007.

Tom

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nav works great for us in Tampa. Obviously the newer restaurants and poi's aren't in the system, so it doesn't find everything and isn't as updated as the portable units that can be hooked up to the internet and updated more frequently. Overall no complaints, the GM nav works much better than the one in our Passat. I think the maps are updated once a year. We just got a new nav disc in August of 2007.

Tom

We have it on my new Lucerne business car, I ordered my '08 Z71 specifically without it, but now I'm kind of wishing I had gotten it. It is better than I expected it to be in Clearwater.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 2nd row buckets and have had no problems with passangers, as a matter of fact they like it better! haha

besides if you get 2nd row buckets you will get the 3rd row bench which comes with 3 seats and then you could just add that extra person (who would normally be sitting in the middle of second row) to the third row middle - and they would have more leg room!

i like them and the resale (so ive heard) is much better...

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like them and the resale (so ive heard) is much better...

The guy that I bought our new Z71 from told me that the reason that the Z71's generally bring more than the LT is that most of the Z71's had buckets. We traded the dk. green '03 Z71 (had 103k miles) when we bought the new one and it never even made it out on the used lot, one of the service techs bought it while we were signing for the new one!

RC-Calypso

Reaction score
It just 2 of us, me and the wife, and we don't really take a lot of people with us. So the 2nd row bucket appeals big time, they are more comfortable and looks realy cool, but I want to cover all the bases, with you guys' opinions.
As far as the GPS, if chevy updates the maps once a year, that is very promising.

Now let me ask you about the ethanol: I am seeing more and more trucks with the flex fuel logo, but I have yet to see any gas station in Florida, or Georgia for that matter that offers flex fuel.

Could it be they want to have the demand before they offer it?
And then I have read that it is way less efficient that regular unleaded. If you have to make more stops to refill between destinations....what gives?:confused2:

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just 2 of us, me and the wife, and we don't really take a lot of people with us. So the 2nd row bucket appeals big time, they are more comfortable and looks realy cool, but I want to cover all the bases, with you guys' opinions.
As far as the GPS, if chevy updates the maps once a year, that is very promising.

Now let me ask you about the ethanol: I am seeing more and more trucks with the flex fuel logo, but I have yet to see any gas station in Florida, or Georgia for that matter that offers flex fuel.

Could it be they want to have the demand before they offer it?
And then I have read that it is way less efficient that regular unleaded. If you have to make more stops to refill between destinations....what gives?:confused2:

I try and fill up with E85 when I'm in Atlanta (there is a station in Smryna), but that's just because I use so much gas and hate making those middle easterners any more rich than they already are. On average, I drop 4-5 MPG when I use E85, but it usually just costs around $2.40 compared to $3.15 or so for 93 octane. So I come out about the same.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you drive the UGLY Denaly ( - , sorry just kiddin'). Let me ask you: do you have 2nd row buckets? I seem to be inclined to them, but I'm not sure if they become impractical as far as passenger space goes.

Unfortunately, we have the bench! I have 2 small boys and another on the way (thus the reason for the XL) and the wife likes the idea of having all 3 of them directly behind her along with the ability to seat that additional person. Personally, I like the buckets better for their comfort, ability to recline, easier access to the rear, and the leg room they offer somebody in the 3rd row. She wanted the bench and white and I wanted buckets and black, so I got the color I wanted and she got the configuration she wanted. Compromise! Oh the joys of being married....