Getting New Rims - Tire Sensor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel

Reaction score
I will be using the current sensors in the new rims. Once they are installed on the new rims, if I put the sensors in the exact position when taken off (lf, lr, rf,rr) will I still have to reprogram my DIC?

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just guessing but if you do as you described you probably wouldn't have to reprogram them. But it's possible that taking them apart and putting them in the new wheels screws them up in which case you would have to relearn them. Which by the way is really easy to do.

In my case the tire shop couldn't keep them straight so I had to relearn mine.

FLAFIRE

Reaction score
I just replaced my wheels with an aftermarket set and bought another set of TPMS sensors from this site. They went in easily and I used the Tahoe's remote (Very easy) to reprogram the new setup, works like a charm.

Diesel

Reaction score
Update: Had new rims installed Fri. & told them to make sure they put sensors in same spot when taken off. It worked like a charm, I took air out of all of them just to make sure.