GM is canceling heated washer fluid option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't talked to my dealer yet, but the source seems legit.

Apparently due to its unreliability and the recall, GM is discontinuing the heated washer fluid option on new vehicles. Unsold vehicles are to have the feature disabled and a discount given to the purchaser. The feature has also been removed from the assembly line.

Already purchased vehicles, if applicable, are to have the recall fix (inline fuse) added.

Heated washer fluid thread

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, seems like an asinine solution to the problem, why in the world couldn't they just modify the design to safety?

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
If they're replacing the ones in current vehicles with safe systems then why not add the updated version to all new vehicles?

Also, anyone know if the recall applies to Escalades? Never got a letter or anything but I checked the VIN of my 'hoe and saw that it is part of the recall.

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they're replacing the ones in current vehicles with safe systems then why not add the updated version to all new vehicles?

Also, anyone know if the recall applies to Escalades? Never got a letter or anything but I checked the VIN of my 'hoe and saw that it is part of the recall.

yes 'Sclades are part of it too

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE]

Because if the fuse blows then the printed circuit board is toast and GM would have to replace it under warranty or a known defect program like the intermediate steering shaft problem on the OBS.