2015 Tahoe PROBLEMS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmorgan482

Reaction score
What problems are you all having with your 2015 Tahoe?

My wife and I purchased a new 2015 Tahoe LS (2wd with max tow package) March of 2014 from a dealer here in the Austin Area (Covert Chevrolet-Hutto). The Tahoe has been in the shop multiple times and here is a list of the issues…

1. 200 miles- Oil pan gasket was leaking. Dealer replaced oil pan gasket and checked oil cooler lines for recall
2. 4,000 miles Radio and instrument cluster recall
3. 6,000 miles- A/C line (fitting) broke during a hot Texas summer day while driving down the highway. Line was fixed and Freon added.
4. 7,000 miles- While in gear (Drive) and stopped the vehicle would vibrate. Seemed the engine was idling rough. Dealership “adjusted the motor mounts†and informed us this was a problem known to them and GM. Our Tahoe was not the first one.
5. 7,600ish miles- Same engine vibration issue while stopped and in gear. The vehicle feels like it is going to stall out. This time the dealership installed “motor mount shims†per GM.
6. 8,000 miles- Back to the dealership with the same vibration issue. Dealership now states they cannot duplicate the problem and gives us back an unfixed vehicle.
7. Now the vehicle has 8,4XX miles on it and still idles rough (fluctuating 300rpms+ at idle). The Tahoe literally feels like it is going to stall. After the holiday it will go back to the dealership…again

I have been in touch with GM’s Customer Service. The GM rep that worked our case from the beginning on to 4 weeks no longer works for GM…Our new rep seems eager to help but said the dealership is not the easiest dealership to work with. This has been an ongoing issue with GM/Dealership for over a month and a half. My wife and I are now pushing for a Buyback due to the continuous problems and lack of solving the issue.

This 2015 Tahoe has been the biggest headache! Any of you having the rough idle problems?

-Ryan

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues here so far with ours. We don't even have the drone/resonance exhaust noise that some have complained about.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What problems are you all having with your 2015 Tahoe?

My wife and I purchased a new 2015 Tahoe LS (2wd with max tow package) March of 2014 from a dealer here in the Austin Area (Covert Chevrolet-Hutto). The Tahoe has been in the shop multiple times and here is a list of the issues…

1. 200 miles- Oil pan gasket was leaking. Dealer replaced oil pan gasket and checked oil cooler lines for recall
2. 4,000 miles Radio and instrument cluster recall
3. 6,000 miles- A/C line (fitting) broke during a hot Texas summer day while driving down the highway. Line was fixed and Freon added.
4. 7,000 miles- While in gear (Drive) and stopped the vehicle would vibrate. Seemed the engine was idling rough. Dealership “adjusted the motor mounts†and informed us this was a problem known to them and GM. Our Tahoe was not the first one.
5. 7,600ish miles- Same engine vibration issue while stopped and in gear. The vehicle feels like it is going to stall out. This time the dealership installed “motor mount shims†per GM.
6. 8,000 miles- Back to the dealership with the same vibration issue. Dealership now states they cannot duplicate the problem and gives us back an unfixed vehicle.
7. Now the vehicle has 8,4XX miles on it and still idles rough (fluctuating 300rpms+ at idle). The Tahoe literally feels like it is going to stall. After the holiday it will go back to the dealership…again

I have been in touch with GM’s Customer Service. The GM rep that worked our case from the beginning on to 4 weeks no longer works for GM…Our new rep seems eager to help but said the dealership is not the easiest dealership to work with. This has been an ongoing issue with GM/Dealership for over a month and a half. My wife and I are now pushing for a Buyback due to the continuous problems and lack of solving the issue.

This 2015 Tahoe has been the biggest headache! Any of you having the rough idle problems?

-Ryan

As you have done so far make sure you document everything and keep all paperwork and fight for your rights. Those rigs are too expensive to have to put up with these problems.

a_santos61

Reaction score
rmorgan482

i recently bought a 2015 tahoe ltz and it seems to idle a little abnormal. i currently have 4100 miles but no codes have come up on the cars computer. i took it to the dealer and they can find anything wrong with it. i bought the car was pre-owned but i didn't buy it from a Chevy dealer. im a little disapointed in the tahoes performance. please let me know if you have any luck w/ the buy back. Hope this finds you well.

thank you.

Texas Squeeze

Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine, mine will not do it in cool temperatures only hot days. I just got mine out of the shop last week after it was in for 5 weeks. It's still not fixed. I trade a 07 LT for my 2015 LTZ, this thing has been in the shop more times than any of my vehicles together. I am getting no assistance from the dealership or GM.
So far they have done a idle relearn like 5 times, all 8 injectors, motor mount shims, removed the fuse block and added dielectric grease to the terminals. Nothing has fixed this thing. I'm running out of options and patience!

That's just the engine problem, here is the list of everything else.

Steering column was popping when turning- replace steering column
Drivers seat popped when turning- replaced seat frame
DVD player on the front screen has scribbled lines when in park- still not fixed, they have done update reprogramming, replaced modules, cords, everything but the front screen.
Vibration in vehicle at 75-80- balanced tires and still not fixed.
Rear hatch seems like it is going to break off when it opens at times.
When my remote is my pocket it will not start the vehicle, I have to pull it out and put it in the cup holder.

Jenni924

Reaction score
I am right therw with u mine has been on and out of the shop more than I have owned it seems like I am having the rough idle also! Mine hopefully goes back in tomorrow I am going to mention to them to do the idle relearn and definitely the motor mounts!!!! That seems to be everyone's problem!!!! Please keep me posted on yours I am also having the vibration at 80 wtf I have had them aline my car 2 times and still was not fixed so I finally paid out of pocket to get it looked at and sure enough was ****ed up!!!! I starting to hate my car so much and am starting to spread the word it!

Texas Squeeze

Reaction score
I have my case with GM at an executive level right now. I had my lawyer send a demand letter to GM to by back my vehicle and reimburse me everything I have paid in plus down time that I have spent dealing with general motors, Lost time from work. I will keep updating as things progress.

alemaguie

Reaction score
2015 Tahoe rough idle

My problems started a 2000 miles . The air sensor near the filter went bad replaced ever since rough idle and vibration taken 4 times. Relearn throttle. No fix going back tomorrow to dealer for problem and tires are falling apart. Went in at 7500 miles for this dealer only rotated tires. And I drive 2 hrs to dealer going to ask to talk to dealership to see if they can do buyback.

Lovethatpow

Reaction score
I've had issues from the first day off the lot.

First I noticed the dimming modes for the dash and screen are non responsive. Its always stuck on auto mode. (never resolved)

Second the passenger heated seat was non functioning. (took 3 trips to the dealer to finally get this resolved)

At the time of the seat issues I noticed a popping sound coming from the steering column. The dealer was never able to get it to replicate. I waited until around 20k miles on the vehicle to finally have this fixed as it was a constant noise and I KNEW it could be replicated. They replaced my whole steering column.

In the beginning of ownership I also noticed that the driver seat would move during corner and change of direction. I complained of this and found out that the seats are only bolted down by two bolts. To me this is a major design flaw and hope GM addresses it in future vehicles.

I've also noticed that during remote starting in cold temps the heated seats fail to come on as they are suppose to. This has never been dealt with as it seems hard to duplicate for the dealership.

Just recently (started at 25k miles) my gauges will all die and a bunch of service messages will pop up on the dash display. (service tire monitor system, service theft deterrant system, service airbags, service front camera, service side detection system) Mind you this all happens while driving down the road. When this is also happening I've come to a stop and tried to turn the vehicle off and it seems it doesnt want to fully power off everything. Accessory power and the nav screen wouldnt turn off when the door is opened as it usually does. I've had difficulty getting it to start again as well unless i completely leave the vehicle then it finally resets itself and allows a start again. The dealership had my vehicle for 8 days. Repeated calls to GM TAC and they told me they were confident that it was now fixed. What they fixed was a ground wire that was loose and ran through some sound deadening material. Well needless to say my confidence in this vehicle has been severely rattled. It malfunctioned like this again while driving down the highway at night. When everything returned to normal on the dash the brightness was so high on my nav screen that it was rather blinding and distracting, seeing as it was night time. It malfunctioned in the same way again on sunday. Here are some links to the videos. https://youtu.be/OOKrlGKQ_bQ https://youtu.be/nwRNSwz-c0g

I'm hoping it gets fixed but I really am not holding my breath. If it doesnt get fixed I'm thinking a buy back is in the works, or perhaps trade assistance. I have never attempted to do either of these things so I'm not sure how much of a process it all is. Any words of advice for those matters would be greatly appreciated. Hope i've shed a little light for some people. Hoping matters get resolved in a timely manner. I feel as though most of my miles have been driving to a dealership!!!!

Last edited:

TahoeMN

Reaction score
"I've also noticed that during remote starting in cold temps the heated seats fail to come on as they are suppose to. This has never been dealt with as it seems hard to duplicate for the dealership."

Hello all, I've taken my Tahoe in for above reason as well shortly after I got it last December. The dealership mechanic pointed out that the heated seats do in fact turn on with the remote start but they are on a very low setting, to the point I could not tell a difference. A big disappointment because cold leather seats during Minnesota winters is not ideal. Especially since my older Grand Cherokee gets them nice and toasty in a couple minutes. They did show me a copy of the service manual that described this, but I could never find it described in the owner's manual. And the indicator lights for the heated seats also do not come on during the remote start.

Aside from that, a couple recent trips to the dealership were needed because I was getting the strobe light effect from a rear dome light most of the times when I braked and used the left turn signal. Not an issue during the day but very distracting at night or early mornings before sunlight. They had trouble duplicating it during the day so it had to stay overnight. Then the replacement bulbs were on back order. After they replaced the bulbs yesterday they have stopped blinking. I've seen others report this same issue online, and the dealership told me another local Tahoe owner came in with same issue a couple days after my initial visit.

Brn2skifst

Reaction score
Check your states lemon laws. Usually if a problem is not fixed in 3 trips to the dealer you can start the process. It gets their attention, trust me.

mportu

Reaction score
Forum Newbie....I have 2015 Tahoe. Only 1,500 miles in and I'm getting the drone/resonance exhaust noise issue. It's really bad. Bringing it in tonight. We will see what happens. Hopeful.

lamacha1041

Reaction score
Rough Idle

My 2015 tahoe has around 22k miles. We've been dealing with the rough idle problem since around 8k. I've had it in several times complaining of the problem. As of this weekend, my dealership has finally recreated the issue after I complained about the idle shaking. I'm curious to see if the shims on the motor mounts have worked for others who are having this issue. Did anyone have to go through the buy back process? If so, was it successful?