GMC logo On Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big B

Reaction score
How do you get the logo clean of the red paint. I want to look like a chrome finish.

Any ideas will help

Brian

tgt624824

Reaction score
Many online retailers sell billet or chrome grill emblems (check ebay and such). Unfortunately I have not come upon any for the '07's yet, as I'm in the market as well....

-Travis

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the link in my sig...

You can get either plain polished billet aluminum, OR the chromed billet aluminum version. Chromed is what I've got - it looks fantastic! Part number 96500C. Drilled with multiple stud holes on back for use on nearly all GMC's. Pic of it on my truck right here. If you want to keep the factory emblem around (in case you wanna put it back on later), just be careful then you remove it by pressing the middle prong on each "tang" as you push it out. It DOES NOT pry out! But first, I'd recommend you remove the 6 (I think it's 6) bolts along the top of the grill under the hood to give you some wiggle room, because I had a heck of a time getting my hand / arm into that space to work. Well, technically, I could get it in, I just couldn't get it out. :D Still, only took maybe 10 minutes to put it on once I figured out how to safely remove the factory emblem.

Last edited:

tgt624824

Reaction score
You can get either plain polished billet aluminum, OR the chromed billet aluminum version. Chromed is what I've got - it looks fantastic! Part number 96500C. Drilled with multiple stud holes on back for use on nearly all GMC's. Pic of it on my truck right here. If you want to keep the factory emblem around (in case you wanna put it back on later), just be careful then you remove it by pressing the middle prong on each "tang" as you push it out. It DOES NOT pry out! But first, I'd recommend you remove the 6 (I think it's 6) bolts along the top of the grill under the hood to give you some wiggle room, because I had a heck of a time getting my hand / arm into that space to work. Well, technically, I could get it in, I just couldn't get it out. :D Still, only took maybe 10 minutes to put it on once I figured out how to safely remove the factory emblem.

Getwired -

NICE, so this is a stock (OEM) part? How much?

Thanks,
Travis

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it from www.autoaccessory4u.com

No, it's not an AC Delco / GM part or anything - totally aftermarket from a manufacturer in CA. I paid $62.95 for mine. I love the look, and was really wanting to find one that'd fit a GMT900 (like I had on my GMT800 Denali). This was the only place that replied to my inquiry of whether it'd definitely fit a 2007 Denali. Maybe I can put up a better picture or two this evening...

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should never have to polish it...except to get bug guts off!

This particular emblem has only been on around 2-3 weeks. My prior 2004's emblem, which was not the chrome-finish one, was on for 2.5 years, and I had no issues with regard to finish (or anything else for that matter). It gets clean when the vehicle gets cleaned, no special care required. Install it and forget it, really....