going to try and trade up... opinions people

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try and park it? i dont understand what you mean when you say try and park it? i will park the car when i am done test driving it.

as for the other things, i have no problem doing all of those things with dude in the car with me... i did with my tahoe, floored the sh!t out of it and jammed on the breaks, the dude was like WTF...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try and park it? i dont understand what you mean when you say try and park it? i will park the car when i am done test driving it.

as for the other things, i have no problem doing all of those things with dude in the car with me... i did with my tahoe, floored the sh!t out of it and jammed on the breaks, the dude was like WTF...

There was a TSB out for all 03-04 GM full size vehicles. It had it happen on the silverado and it just cost me about 800 in repairs. The axle in the front can become bend causing the truck to HOP like its in 4x4 but it really isnt. What it is, is the axle pulling away from the rest of the truck. But it only happens when turning slowing, like parking. Sorry I was not more clear on that.

Also take it up to 80-90 to make sure the engine can handle the abuse.

And please take your wheels with. Those are the nicest looking wheels I have ever seen.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a TSB out for all 03-04 GM full size vehicles. It had it happen on the silverado and it just cost me about 800 in repairs. The axle in the front can become bend causing the truck to HOP like its in 4x4 but it really isnt. What it is, is the axle pulling away from the rest of the truck. But it only happens when turning slowing, like parking. Sorry I was not more clear on that.

Also take it up to 80-90 to make sure the engine can handle the abuse.

And please take your wheels with. Those are the nicest looking wheels I have ever seen.

if i get it alone i will... but i doubt they will let me drive it alone, and they certainly wont let me get er up to 80 or 90, lol

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i get it alone i will... but i doubt they will let me drive it alone, and they certainly wont let me get er up to 80 or 90, lol

I requested it on the rado. They made me sign a paper and I got it alone. Took it to the limiter. Did great, Why I bought it.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
escalade is weak sauce, buy a new sierra denali or keep the tahoe. think about all the stuff you could get for the loss you'll take on the tahoe. I would rather drive your tahoe with 130k as long as it was leveled with keys, 33" toyos, and a magnacharger. the ONLY reason I'd ever sell my truck is for an 09 sierra denali, they're sooo dope especially with the air conditioned seats.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SIERRA DENALI FTMFW!!!! I had an 08 and it was nice as F*CK!!!! But my kitchen beckoned so I sold it for 2k less than I paid. but this was before the recession and stuff. Plus only 1800 miles.

But if you do go SD get an 02 OR NEW. According to Boost and others on the site and internet reviews that the GMT 800 has a much stronger drive train in the 02 than 03 and up. Plus you get quadrasteer, and I can tell you right now, the quadrasteer on my silverado is the best option I have ever had. I will never sell the truck because of it.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my credit sucks and i have even less money... can afford to keep my truck and get something else, especially an SD.

Te only reason i want the trade is because i want the bigger motor and cannot afford to buy one and put it in my tahoe. Im just a poor white boy guys... trust me boost, if i had that kinda flow, i would be rolling a lot of sweet rides, not sure how much a sierra denali cost, but i think i would rather have the cts-v...

but seriously here boost... if you were in my shoes, with your tuck 90% financed and you could basicly trade up from a tahoe to an excalade, wouldnt you do that? if not, why? honest question here

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my credit sucks and i have even less money... can afford to keep my truck and get something else, especially an SD.

Te only reason i want the trade is because i want the bigger motor and cannot afford to buy one and put it in my tahoe. Im just a poor white boy guys... trust me boost, if i had that kinda flow, i would be rolling a lot of sweet rides, not sure how much a sierra denali cost, but i think i would rather have the cts-v...

but seriously here boost... if you were in my shoes, with your tuck 90% financed and you could basicly trade up from a tahoe to an excalade, wouldnt you do that? if not, why? honest question here

I would take the 'Lade.In fact if you don't i might just come up to 'AZ and pick er up.:lol:
02' 'Lades down here in NC going for around $15-16k.I got my 02' LT for $11,998.00 and it was cheap compared to other 02's and the truck had 88k on it!btw lookin' for a 03-05 'Nali myself.

avdoc

Reaction score
I will tell you what my dad always told me, not that you asked or it is my business. Buy with your head, and not your heart. I have an 04 Z-71 Hoe just like yours. I love it. But let me break it down for you from my experience, and its true as sh*t-

I was 18 years old, bought a 85 MR2, had it 1 year and wanted something else. My dad told me to think of what I wanted if money were no object, duh, new 911 turbo porsche. $135,000 was to laugh at for my age.

After that from 18 till I was 26 I bought and sold 23 vehicles. Some trucks, some were sports cars like late 80's vettes, mr2's etc. I was a Physical Therapist, but quit and started my business when I was 27. As part of my "business lesson" from my dad, he asked me if I wish I had my porsche, I asked him what porsche. He said the one I should have bought but couldnt afford. I was clueless at that point. He figured out how much I had spent on my vehicles I bought and sold, money earned and lost, interest paid, interest lost, appreciation and depreciation, and showed me It would have been cheaper to buy the porsche at the start by about $28,000. At that point I had a newer Dodge dually I owed money on.

When you trade like that, you always lose big, no matter if you have perfect credit. The only way to do it is if you can trade for a new vehicle with 0% interest and you get a good trade deal. Even thats very rare. The only reason I say this is you mentioned you loved your Hoe, and would only trade for what you wanted, a Denali. Then you jumped to an Escalade. I know they are not all that different, but I see myself in you. My opinion, keep what you have and if you can sell it out right, sell it if you want. Now you can negotiate your price. When you trade, you never really can. You might buy the lade, and it dies and costs you $4500 to fix it. Will you fix it, or have to let it sit. Id spend a few grand and modify your 5.3 and beef up your tranny. It will be much cheaper, much cheaper in the long run. Add 75 hp nitrous for a few hundred bucks, then how far off will you be from 6.0 power? AWD is nice in winter ,but auto 4wd is too. AWD sucks gas too, and costs way more to fix. My 2 cents. Good luck with your decision, and remember its not the payment you have to worry about affording, its the interest and total cost added to the new loan.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not worth it, just hustle your credit up and refinance it a few times. I just wanna see your truck with 33" toyos on those wheels, or some extreme at's.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you what my dad always told me, not that you asked or it is my business. Buy with your head, and not your heart. I have an 04 Z-71 Hoe just like yours. I love it. But let me break it down for you from my experience, and its true as sh*t-

I was 18 years old, bought a 85 MR2, had it 1 year and wanted something else. My dad told me to think of what I wanted if money were no object, duh, new 911 turbo porsche. $135,000 was to laugh at for my age.

After that from 18 till I was 26 I bought and sold 23 vehicles. Some trucks, some were sports cars like late 80's vettes, mr2's etc. I was a Physical Therapist, but quit and started my business when I was 27. As part of my "business lesson" from my dad, he asked me if I wish I had my porsche, I asked him what porsche. He said the one I should have bought but couldnt afford. I was clueless at that point. He figured out how much I had spent on my vehicles I bought and sold, money earned and lost, interest paid, interest lost, appreciation and depreciation, and showed me It would have been cheaper to buy the porsche at the start by about $28,000. At that point I had a newer Dodge dually I owed money on.

When you trade like that, you always lose big, no matter if you have perfect credit. The only way to do it is if you can trade for a new vehicle with 0% interest and you get a good trade deal. Even thats very rare. The only reason I say this is you mentioned you loved your Hoe, and would only trade for what you wanted, a Denali. Then you jumped to an Escalade. I know they are not all that different, but I see myself in you. My opinion, keep what you have and if you can sell it out right, sell it if you want. Now you can negotiate your price. When you trade, you never really can. You might buy the lade, and it dies and costs you $4500 to fix it. Will you fix it, or have to let it sit. Id spend a few grand and modify your 5.3 and beef up your tranny. It will be much cheaper, much cheaper in the long run. Add 75 hp nitrous for a few hundred bucks, then how far off will you be from 6.0 power? AWD is nice in winter ,but auto 4wd is too. AWD sucks gas too, and costs way more to fix. My 2 cents. Good luck with your decision, and remember its not the payment you have to worry about affording, its the interest and total cost added to the new loan.

While your an extereme here I agree. I buy and sell all the time. I have loved and lost for lack of a better term. I wanted like hell a new style yukon, even though my 06 was in perfect condition and never let me down. It was worth 22k and they gave me 16k, 1 year ago, before all the recession stuff. I paid cash, but had to pay the loan on my 06 which I bought before I hit it big in the construction business. So in reality my yukon which I got for 31k after dealing (origionally 52k) I ended up paying 49k. If I had kept my 06 I would have paid it off that night. But wanted the 07 style. Well I did, I love it, but miss my 06. I have tried to compensate by buying different truck. I have not learned. Im up to bat again on a Cadillac DTS. But I want it and there is no stopping me. But this time Im not trading. So its not as bad. And I started planning for it in november. So I guess its ok. But my situation is not like everybody elses.

But what I would do ty, is trade yours in on an 08 left over. Get the 0.9 intrest rate and get a spanking deal on it. JMO of course. But again My market here is alot worse than over there. For the price of that esky at a local dealer here you could get an 05 escalade loaded, 06 esv platinum for about 20k. You could get an 06 escalade regular loaded for 17k with under 50k miles. I got a deal working on an 08 left over dts at 21k off sticker. Dealer wants it gone. Im just waiting for my stock guy to get me my check.:mpr:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not worth it, just hustle your credit up and refinance it a few times. I just wanna see your truck with 33" toyos on those wheels, or some extreme at's.

with the previous dudes advise and yours, i decided to temper myself a bit,... no lade for me... lol

not sure about the 33" toyos, but hey, why not.... want to put some work into the motor now...

avdoc

Reaction score
I wish you luck. Let me know what you do to your motor. I am wanting to do something to mine.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much work???

like a 6.0 under the hood :clapping: lol

i dont know... i need more power to the wheels, unfortunatly, as you have all read in the rest of the post, i am a poor white boy... so i will have to settle for a CAI, magnaflo, BB Tune, Vette Servo... and i think that would about limit me, and all that will probably take me all of 2009 to attain.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add some long tube headers and corsa sport exhausts to that list. Great upgrade. But just a suggestion. Do all of the bolt ons then get the BB tune. It will give you a much better preforming tune.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your rims and tires I would also get 4.10 gears. And a corvette survo (or did you say that already?) :smilielol:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
want to hear some rediculous ass sh!t.... taking some advise, i went to refinance the hoe, thinking to myself, my credit has got MUCH better in a short time and if i get a loan through a credit union i might save some money, i did buy my truck way under MSRP afterall.. NOPE

these fvckers dont refinance a truck based on the MSRP anymore. I have to owe $1000 less then the TRADE IN VALUE. Are you sh!tting me? thats the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. i owe $5,200 less then the MSRP, but $550 more then trade in. god damned fvcking tight ass cock pleasers...

anyways, i feel a little better now