Got my Magnaflow today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE it! Unfortunately, the wifey doesn't.... :confused:

Oh well, I'm not paying to have it re-done... LOL

I would have done a video, but they never really do it justice... so, here's a pic of the tip I chose...

Tahoe052.jpg

I love the way it looks... the sound is PERFECT. It drones a LITTLE at 2000-2300RPM, however I saw in another post it'll go away after a week or two...

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tip looks identical to the ones I have. Looks good and I bet it sounds awesome. And yes things like drone and sound do tend to change as the muffler breaks in.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
LOL, I must drive really like Grandpa. I almost never drive with the RPMs above 1800.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I must drive really like Grandpa. I almost never drive with the RPMs above 1800.

I love to put my foot in it... but i can't remember the last time i have! Gas is to expensive to get down like that

Anyways dude, nice lookin tip... cant wait to get my muffler

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice! The Magna will change tone a bit, but more so when you put your intake on there.

In the meantime, GO WASH YOUR TRUCK! :smilielol:

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash your truck... pfft, mine looks like that not 10 minutes after, damn california and its dusty dirty roads.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, GO WASH YOUR TRUCK! :smilielol:

LOL... How's this???

Tahoe059.jpg

Some friends called us Saturday night and invited us to go up to their cabin in the pines... it rained all day Sunday... this was the aftermath. The good news is... I think my gas mileage has increased... :thumbsup:

Tahoe058.jpg

HA HA... too bad it didn't stay that way... ended up driving in at 20.0MPG... 18MPG for the ENTIRE trip... not bad. :thumbsup:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When driving 70MPH in my Tahoe, the RPM's are in the "Drone Zone". Climbing hills also was a bit noisy because it dropped to 3rd @ about 3200+ RPM... it's not really bad... just on trips it gets a bit annoying.

cashmoneyridin

Reaction score
hmm im very suprised to hear that you are happy with your magnaflow exhaust setup. i installed the same setup plus K&N CAI on my 03 z71 and seem to find it extremely annoying during city driving. lots of drone and on the highway it is almost impossible to keep the annoying drone down. but everyone thinks differently so maybe its just me. it also seems like the exhaust has gotten noticably quiter over the past couple of months

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why does it say BUSINESS???:lol:

Not all models had this feture, my girlfriend has an 05 GMC Denali and it doesnt have the "business trip" option but mine does. You can use one of two settings at any given time, Business and personal, that way you can log how much time you are driving for each one... sweet feture in theory but i have never actually used it in mine... too much of a pain

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all models had this feture, my girlfriend has an 05 GMC Denali and it doesnt have the "business trip" option but mine does. You can use one of two settings at any given time, Business and personal, that way you can log how much time you are driving for each one... sweet feture in theory but i have never actually used it in mine... too much of a pain

Yeah, I basically use it as a second tripmeter. I know it's not perfect, but I used the "Personal" one to calculate total trip mileage and the "Business" one to calculate the trip home (going downhill much of the way... my '95 Z28 got 30MPG on that same trip... the whole way home)

hmm im very suprised to hear that you are happy with your magnaflow exhaust setup. i installed the same setup plus K&N CAI on my 03 z71 and seem to find it extremely annoying during city driving. lots of drone and on the highway it is almost impossible to keep the annoying drone down. but everyone thinks differently so maybe its just me. it also seems like the exhaust has gotten noticably quiter over the past couple of months

Interesting. I found that throttle control was the best way to keep highway drone down. Going downhill, if I let the engine brake the car, I got some drone, but if I pressed the gas a little... it got quiet. Going uphill, well... it wasn't too annoying (wifey is very picky and she didn't really comment on it much) but it seems that during city driving it's been pretty quiet... wife took her sister in it today... and she didn't even notice. LOL

Edit: Just asked the wife... she said she didn't really even notice it when she was driving today... VERY good thing.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine has the business setting also, and its going to be a little more than 1-2 weeks before it goes away. It took mine about 3 months to finally break in. But after the 3 months it gets quiet unless you go over the 2000RPM's or unless your over 80MPH. But this past weekend I went up to the mountains through some narrow roads through the mountains and I loved getting on the gas while the people were hiking up the mountain next to the road. Made a couple heads turn, and thats only because the rest were to busy getting out of the way. hehehe!

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much louder than stock would you say it is now? I am trying to decide between Magnaflow and Corsa Sport.
Thanks

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it was first installed, it was quite a bit louder than stock at cruising speeds and accelleration. As it has broken in, I have found that it's getting much quieter, and isn't much louder than stock... even when you get on it. It adds the low-tone rumble that the stock did not. It's really hard to explain, you really just have to hear it in person to understand. Videos don't really do well...

stephendudra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drone

I have the Denali 6.0 2003 model. I have the magnaflow installed. I got a LOT of complaints from my kids and my GF this past weekend regarding the drone.

I am sure that there are many on here that have had this and has found a way to quiet it down without removing the muffler.

What exactly did they do? Is there any material that you can spray like an undercoating of some sort? Anything that can be wrapped around the muffler to keep the nice low rumble but get rid of the drone?

Please let us know!!!

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, the GTO with the 6.0 with the magnaflow was the tamest of at least 10 exhaust systems and had almost no drone at all. Is it the single outlet that creates the drone? Maybe dual out the back would tame it.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Denali 6.0 2003 model. I have the magnaflow installed. I got a LOT of complaints from my kids and my GF this past weekend regarding the drone.

I am sure that there are many on here that have had this and has found a way to quiet it down without removing the muffler.

What exactly did they do? Is there any material that you can spray like an undercoating of some sort? Anything that can be wrapped around the muffler to keep the nice low rumble but get rid of the drone?

Please let us know!!!

not sure how it rolls with the 6.0L but I am pretty sure Magna makes 2 sizes for the 5.3 and obviously the smaller one is going to be louder... maybe you should have invested in a larger muffler... I am sorry though, i have been seriously procrastinating my muffler because i am scared of the drone!