H13-4 hid bulb fitment issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

Reaction score
Is anyone running the H13-4 HID kit? Did you have issues getting the bulbs to securely seat in the housing without breaking any of the three nubs/tabs off of the bulb? The stock bulbs obviously fit perfectly... however the HID bulbs I'm coming across need to be modified so the exterior tabs don't dig into the rubber on the housing... then when twisting the bulb it barely seats before the interior nubs/tabs end up breaking. I considered using silicone to secure these bulbs thereafter, but have decided not to do so since they need to be installed at an angle which positions the high beam bulb in correct relation to the low beam.

F360

Reaction score
Is anyone running the H13-4 HID kit? Did you have issues getting the bulbs to securely seat in the housing without breaking any of the three nubs/tabs off of the bulb? The stock bulbs obviously fit perfectly... however the HID bulbs I'm coming across need to be modified so the exterior tabs don't dig into the rubber on the housing... then when twisting the bulb it barely seats before the interior nubs/tabs end up breaking. I considered using silicone to secure these bulbs thereafter, but have decided not to do so since they need to be installed at an angle which positions the high beam bulb in correct relation to the low beam.

I have the H13-4-HID, they did fit okay with out any modifications, but the high and low beams are reversed now and i am still looking for a way to fix it

iwaslowr

Reaction score
F360, What brand is your kit? Also you mentioned the hi/lo beams are reversed... can you switch the plugs (either ballast inputs or hi bulb/lo bulb input) around to correct it?

F360

Reaction score
The H13 i have is bi-xenon, so only one plug/bulb. i am not sure which brand the kit i have

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm? My H13-4's have two seperate bulbs, each having it's own set of wires.

This is actully a better kit. The sylinoid of the other kit will break over time. Yours will be nice and bright too. IMO, Do some trimming and see if you can make it fit.

iwaslowr

Reaction score
I'll have to figure something out... they fit in the housing but the nubs which hold the bulb in place after it is twisted clockwise have busted off. These are obviously low quality bulbs, I barely twisted them and shouldn't have to modify them in the first place. I'd rather not silicone these to the housing... maybe I can somehow salvage the stock bulb casing and use it with the HID internals glued inside. That would be nice... the stock bulbs fit have a very firm and secure fit.