Has anyone ran into any SUV haters yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The H1 is in a class of it's own. My dislike of the H2 stems from my experience with most of them off road. That's okay, I've pulled six of them out of stuck situations with my 22 year old 4Runner. :D I've seen four of them break. You nailed it RT, mild off road, like fire trails. At least I can say, normally the drivers are cool. :thumbsup: I don't care about the mileage but for the price it should do better IMO. I don't hate them as a car like eco-nutts, just think it falls short.

Problem with the H2 is its heavy, If ya wanna compete with the jeep you gotta get an h3. All there is too it. And im sorry but toyotas 4 runner is now a mall runner. Their not like the old ones.

Im thinking (actully you just put the thought in my head 2 min ago) about getting one before they get blown off the market. Forget the cadillac and get a hummer. I have always, always, always wanted one, well now I can afford one but just never really did it. I think the incentive of owning one before you cant own one anymore is enough. I think monday (or if their open tommarrow) I will go stop buy and see if their gunna beg me to buy one. IM thinkin an H2 Lux with every optioin. SUT, black on black. O yea, 4" lift, some 35's and be good to go.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a collectors item I'd surely go for the H1 over the H2...

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rollin Thunder, I just noticed you are from Virginia Beach! I grew up there! I graduated from Kempsville High and then went to UVA for undergrad (2002 grad). What a small world... my parents and siblings still live there.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a collectors item I'd surely go for the H1 over the H2...

x2

They are something to see, but even better to ride in. Never drove one though.

RT, today's 4Runner is not even close to what they were back in the day. I guess we have the FJ now, but I like my wheelers old school... I had an H3, was leaps and bounds better than a Jeep. I just had three wheelers and one needed to go. Hello Yukon. :cool2:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rollin Thunder, I just noticed you are from Virginia Beach! I grew up there! I graduated from Kempsville High and then went to UVA for undergrad (2002 grad). What a small world... my parents and siblings still live there.

Ha Ha, I know exactly were that is. Its about 25-30 min from me depending on traffic. The area im in is sort of new. Its right behind Va Beach General on First colonel Rd. About 2 min from laskin and 3 min from the ocean. ITs great. LOL

x2

They are something to see, but even better to ride in. Never drove one though.

RT, today's 4Runner is not even close to what they were back in the day. I guess we have the FJ now, but I like my wheelers old school... I had an H3, was leaps and bounds better than a Jeep. I just had three wheelers and one needed to go. Hello Yukon. :cool2:

Im not sure I want an h1. Again im looking for a DD here. The more and more I think about it, and today drove one. Their not a good DD and it would be a waste for me to own one. It drove nice, had good power. Very comfortable. But the ride is ok Its just so cumbersome to drive, The visability is ok, except when backing up even with a rear camera. The windows are too small I guess. Plus even though their going out of business they still treat it like their invincable. only 5k off 69k. I dont think so. Anyway. This wensday I have an appointment to see an 08 leftover cadillac DTS that my dealer traded with a dealer down in NC. Hope it works out. IF it doesnt. I may just pick up an 09 tahoe or regular yukon. I really badly want that 6.2. I just thought it was not pratical for another truck. Now I dont care. I will see what they will discount on an 09 denali.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Ha Ha, I know exactly were that is. Its about 25-30 min from me depending on traffic. The area im in is sort of new. Its right behind Va Beach General on First colonel Rd. About 2 min from laskin and 3 min from the ocean. ITs great. LOL

Im not sure I want an h1. Again im looking for a DD here. The more and more I think about it, and today drove one. Their not a good DD and it would be a waste for me to own one. It drove nice, had good power. Very comfortable. But the ride is ok Its just so cumbersome to drive, The visability is ok, except when backing up even with a rear camera. The windows are too small I guess. Plus even though their going out of business they still treat it like their invincable. only 5k off 69k. I dont think so. Anyway. This wensday I have an appointment to see an 08 leftover cadillac DTS that my dealer traded with a dealer down in NC. Hope it works out. IF it doesnt. I may just pick up an 09 tahoe or regular yukon. I really badly want that 6.2. I just thought it was not pratical for another truck. Now I dont care. I will see what they will discount on an 09 denali.

I also disliked the lack of viability on the H2.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad3: Their are some crazy people that hate SUVs. Some will even "key" your paint job in anger. It happens more than you know. I haven't been keyed but I do get people making dumb comments along the "gas guzzler" lines.

Just plain dumb. Why not direct the hate and anger toward the oil companies and associates for boosting prices? If they'd take their head out of their @$$es, they would see that cars and trucks have always burned gas. Not just modern day SUV's.

The simple truth is that 99% of the haters are just jealous because they can't afford one. (cost of the vehicle, fuel consumption, & insurance together). I always throw that back in their faces. "You're just mad cause you can't afford a truck like this" (loudly so that others can here me)

they get even more angry...LOL:D

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhhh the joy of living in the south! haha never really got any hybrid car people "hating" on me - i dont care anyway because i know if a prius and i were to get into an accident together i KNOW im going to walk home and probably even drive home and their little baby blue battery machine will be about as good Chinese finger trap.

i mean dont get me wrong, i do my share for the economy but driving my truck is not one of them...

oh and my mom HATES SUVs hehe - she gets so mad when she parks at the grocery store and two suburbans park on either side and she cant see to get out - its funny especially if im meeting her somewhere i try and park next to her! haha

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad3: Some will even "key" your paint job in anger. It happens more than you know.

My Tahoe was keyed on New Years eve, I didn't notice it till New Years day... but you never know who it could be :mad:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, don't you have the Yukon for your DD, or were you thinking of trading that in for an H2?

NASTY GM

Reaction score
With my 26" Dubs and stereo system I do get comments like "what are you a rapper" and "how old are you"? :lol:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody has been stupid enough to say anything but compliments after they see my truck. I get really funny looks when I open the hatch window and drive around with the King Shepherd peeking out the back.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody has been stupid enough to say anything but compliments after they see my truck. I get really funny looks when I open the hatch window and drive around with the King Shepherd peeking out the back.

Probably trying not to crap them selves:smilielol:

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true about Texas.

I am in Frisco and I swear...everyone owns a Tahoe, Escalade, or Yukon.

They are ALL over the place.

demonal

Reaction score
I don't get anything negative from anybody, a lot of looks. I only had this 1 time where this old man came out of his car that was waiting behind me to see how much I was at... Back then $95 was a full tank, but to bad for him i was on my 2nd credit card attempt because the gas stations cut off was at $75 and he saw me fill up for $20... HAHAHA

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get a lot of compliments from people, the only complaints i get is driving to crazy and my exhaust is too loud.. i once had a gas station attendant like say i was driving to fast down their street and that i was ripping up and down.. lol.. imean what can i say with no muffler and chopped exhaust.. lol.. people in cleveland ohio are all up in little prius' and smaller cars. but they never expect a orange tahoe to fly pass them on the freeway doing a buck 10.. lol.. hahaha

buntnik

Reaction score
Got a sticker on mine after coming back to parking lot. Said something about gas guzzler environment killer, fumes, yada yada or something. Probably some young folks hoping to save the world. Bless them... its cool!