Has anyone ran into any SUV haters yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
I have not, but Hummer H1 2&3 owners have been hammered all of the time. I was just wondering of what experiences every one has been having.

Not quite sure what you mean by "hammered" but around my town, it seems like EVERYONE has an SUV. So no, have not come across any SUV haters.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about what people think. When you say "Haters" what's it that they do? They give you dirty looks, talking crap? Who cares, ignore them, these individuals probably never had an SUV or just have boring lives. Just enjoy your ride, smile and drive :D

dret2k

Reaction score
Nope, with my 07 Yukon I get a lot of double looks and have heard a lot of "that's a sweet looking ride." Even get nods of appreciations from the big brother the Escalades and the New Lincoln Laugh-A-Gators Owners :eek: .

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
I am in the mindset that I really don't give a crap what people think, I love my truck and it suits my needs and looks good doing it too.

:D I agree.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No havn't run into any and don't care. The people that would whine about it are the same liberal a-ho's that whine about everything in life but do nothing about it:sharm:

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a woman in a Prius tell me "what a waste" at the Shell station when I was filling up 2 weeks ago. I thanked her for driving a Hybrid and saving gasoline for my truck.:cool:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the tahoe at a Christmas party with some college friends in December. I had the car topper on it as well. One of them asked who owned the eco-terrorist vehicle. I just laughed and said me.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it how Prius drivers feel like they are gods gift to the earth. Meanwhile they dont care about anything 1 mile outside of their major city.

I guess I must look like an ecoterrorist too in my Suburban but hey I'm glad they know that I regularly carry 6-8 people every weekend to the mountain to go snowboarding. I'm glad they know I carry 4 people and bikes to go mtn biking almost every weekend spring-fall. I suppose they would be happier if we drove 3-4 Prius' as opposed to 1 SUV.

I'm glad they know whether I'm eco-friendly or not at home or work, simply by the size of vehicle I drive.

I'm glad they know that my smaller Trailblazer got WORSE fuel economy than my Suburban.

I'm glad they know I'm planning to keep this thing till it's no longer financially feasible to maintain. Meanwhile, they'll lease and 3 Prius' in that time and treat them as "disposable" cars. Keep those factories pumping. Keep making that plastic and toxic waste. Keep making those gigantic car batteries (would love to know where they end up).

I love watching high school/college Prius owners drive around and roll down the window to dispose of cigarettes and other small garbage. I guess the ozone is more important than the earth to them...

Now I'm not knocking hybrids AT ALL. If the 'Burban came in a Hybrid, I'd own it.

But dont judge me by what I drive. I'm very eco-friendly. I drive a vehicle that suits my lifestyle and needs. I am a very active outdoorsman. Most all my hobbies occur in the woods/mountains. I love nature and preserving the earth.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people around my area are SUV lovers! Most of them are "hooked up" with sound systems and nice DUB wheels!

Although the majority of the SUVs around here are Ford SUVs...:puke:

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just ran into theives. I don't think they care if I'm in a Tahoe or a Prius... as long as I have something they want, they figured they would take it. Other then that I get compliments on mods I have done.

Daryl

Reaction score
In the 5 months I've owned my Yukon XL, I've had nothing but stares and looks of envy from neighbors, friends and passng motorists. Out of all the cars I've ever owned, this is the one that has generated the comments like "awesome Ride", "love the truck", etc. I've been blown away by all the comments. Not one person has said anything negative.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference I notice is that people don't really like being behind me. I get a lot of looks and even comments that they like mine better than the caddy. (they are a dime a dozen here and I hate all the chrome and wood grain)

I think the best is when my 08 Yukon is towing my 21ft 08 wakeboard boat, both pimping V8s. Waddaya gonna say? :cool2: It's hard, it really is.

For the record, I hate the H2. It's a joke.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference I notice is that people don't really like being behind me. I get a lot of looks and even comments that they like mine better than the caddy. (they are a dime a dozen here and I hate all the chrome and wood grain)

I think the best is when my 08 Yukon is towing my 21ft 08 wakeboard boat, both pimping V8s. Waddaya gonna say? :cool2: It's hard, it really is.

For the record, I hate the H2. It's a joke.

I dont think the H2 Is a joke. I just think its been taken by the wrong market. Its the second cadillac escalade to people in hollywood. But it is still a good mild offroader. Better than the tahoe with its locking difs and such. Plus it has a 6.2 liter. I would buy one, But it would be stock or lifted. Nothing else. I love the H1, but between the underpowered diesel engine, loud interior, and rough offroad suspension, and the 140k price tag. Its not a good DD to me. I would own an H2 in a heartbeat for the capability and versitility.

But ha ha. I love pimpin my twin v-8s when towing the boat. Its like the ultimate anti green vehicle. LOL

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the H2. It's a joke.
:iagree:
I have not run into any SUV haters driving my 'Hoe or my dads 2500 Duramax Sierra.BUT god they hate my moms suburban!if i had a nickle for every Prius that TRY'S to cut us off.:D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iagree:
I have not run into any SUV haters driving my 'Hoe or my dads 2500 Duramax Sierra.BUT god they hate my moms suburban!if i had a nickle for every Prius that TRY'S to cut us off.:D

HA HA HA. I usually just tap the gas and get around them. Cause if they would realise that my big truck would just crush them. Then I wonder who would be hating.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The H1 is in a class of it's own. My dislike of the H2 stems from my experience with most of them off road. That's okay, I've pulled six of them out of stuck situations with my 22 year old 4Runner. :D I've seen four of them break. You nailed it RT, mild off road, like fire trails. At least I can say, normally the drivers are cool. :thumbsup: I don't care about the mileage but for the price it should do better IMO. I don't hate them as a car like eco-nutts, just think it falls short.