header's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used the search and no luck my question is the gaskets that come with the headers in the kit are they good enough or should i get others? and does any body have any header's? pics,comments and suggestion's. lay it out in here. so we all can look this up in the search.:thumbsup:

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only experience ive had with headers (no i dont have them on my truck...yet! lol) is the gasket they come with are the paper-like material gasket. IMO they suck. i always used a those copper colored gaskets. never had any problems. jsut make sure you go back every week or so when you first put a set on and check the torque on all of the bolts. hope this helps

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only experience ive had with headers (no i dont have them on my truck...yet! lol) is the gasket they come with are the paper-like material gasket. IMO they suck. i always used a those copper colored gaskets. never had any problems. jsut make sure you go back every week or so when you first put a set on and check the torque on all of the bolts. hope this helps

thank you sir that helps...:thumbsup:

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience the biggest problem with headers is how true they are.

The nature of the way they are welded together causes warping. I had one set that kept blowing gaskets until I put them on the mill and did a "fly cut" to make the surface true. After that no more gasket problems.

From that experience, I just buy the more expensive headers with flanges no less than 3/8" thick.

While I was chasing the warped headers, I tried every type of gasket known to mankind, from pure copper to asbestos. The ones that seemed to last the best, even with the warped headers, were the dark gray soft gaskets with the steel layer inbetween.

I also always replace the manifold bolts with new when swapping gaskets. The bolt threads get messed up with age and tend to screw up the threads in the heads. The bolts are cheap. I also use the cap screw style with the allen head for most of the bolts. Some must be hex head where the allen won't reach.

:)

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont recall you saying what kind of headers you were going to run. currently, i'm running the edelbrock gaskets that came with my headers. i had to do no triming, and everything lined up perfectly like someone made it just for me. i have run it through water, mud, and fine sand. yet i have yet to have any problems

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed Edelbrock headers on my Yukon and my friend's ZZ4 powered Camaro. On my iron heads, the Edelbrock gaskets worked fine. On my friend's aluminum heads, we had to get Percy's copper gaskets.
ARP bolts on both work great.