headlight q's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400005702579&fromMakeTrack=true

will this work for the Yukon, not XL, it says yukon denali and XL but not specifically Yukon.

thoughts? This is what I will be using for my headlights. I will be gutting out and installing a set of NICE projectors that can take OEM HID's that have been color shifted and I will be replacing the lense for a nice cutoff.

Has anyone done this before on this forum, a FULL conversion?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like denali projectors, would already have a great cutoff. But if you want true HID projectors, then you MUST POST LOTS OF PICS!!!!!

But they will work on any 00-06 yukon, xl, denali. what ever, Just as long as its a GMC front end. sierra, yukon, what ever, it will work.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do they offer any other aftermarket headlight without the halo? All I know of is the denali OEM stuff. sucks because all of them are 130-150 a headlight. then my cost of projectors, 100, then HIDS, 150 then harness, 50. 600 alone for headlight is a lot but worth the saftely and visability at night.

anyone have aftermarket housings that can take a couple of shots of the back side of the housing. I need to plan my brackets that I will have to machine out.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Denali Projectors on my 06. Were awsome, Great beam paddern and cut off. My buddy has a yukon with TYC projectors. They use H1 for the low. His beam paddern is AMAZING!!!! No hot spots, incredible cutoff. and now with his HID kit its like stock. Next time I see him I will snap a pic.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did they have halos? this is what I DONT want. they make the SUV look ricey........not my style, I want the clean look, I will be taking out the orange piece in the denali headlight too as long as then bake ok in the oven.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did they have halos? this is what I DONT want. they make the SUV look ricey........not my style, I want the clean look, I will be taking out the orange piece in the denali headlight too as long as then bake ok in the oven.

No. TYCS have a very classy look.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thoughts on these? I like the clear look and they look clean too

racerwheel_2027_502239035

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to highjack or anything but I have an 01 tahoe, I assume these wone work since it has a different front end. any thoughts on a good set up for a hoe?? thanks!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to highjack or anything but I have an 01 tahoe, I assume these wone work since it has a different front end. any thoughts on a good set up for a hoe?? thanks!

Depending on price. IF your going for HIDS and not the projector look then I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND THESE. Completly street legel HIDS. http://brightheadlights.com/Headlights-x2020.htm

But if your going for the projector look, then these would give you the look but not very good preformance, I have heard people stay with the included bulbs their light output actully goes down. But they look cool. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

IF your looking for a good preforming halagon projector that later on you can add HIDS to with great results. Then these are a nice option from a good brand I have had great luck with. http://www.autoanything.com/Generic...edia=1&GroupID=0&ImageID=63935&ProductID=2068 Price is 297 from autoanything.com http://www.autoanything.com/lights/61A2068A0A0A2384487.aspx

OR if your pockets are deep, you can get these bad boys and have better preforming headlights than any of us on here.....
post-2-1221494821.jpg
XP3004 -HID Projector Chrome / Black THey list for about 1000 dollars.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those again look just like denali projectors. If you buy those, then I highly reccommend the TSX (or brand of choice) projector retrofit.

I will be using a RX330 wide beam projector, better output once you get some clear lenses in them plus they are completely sealed. I have seen TSX, the TL is better but I am not willing to throw down 200 on a set of projectors, the RX will work and a washer mod with clear lenses will get the same output and more visability.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey boost. Hate to rain on your happyness, but those projectors are denali look alikes, That price would not even cover one of a true denali projector from GM parts. Telling me that their fakey plastic lense projectors and not the good quality GM glass projectors. Just letting you know, as you and I both know how well the stock denali projectors are with HIDS.