Heated Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scomo

Reaction score
I have this problem with my Tahoe. I called a local dealership here in Tulsa to see about prices on parts. It turns out this particular dealership only sells the whole switch cluster on the door pannel, (the pedal switch and heated seat switch, door lock, mirrors, and window switches). It was around $250 for all. I was told they don't just sell the heated switch, which is probably a bunch of garbage.

Will someone explain in more detail how one would test the switch and element to see if one is bad? I hate to buy a part and try to install it if its not the real problem, you know?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been dealing with a similar issue on the driver seat of my 03 Tahoe. The switch lights up for a min, but then automatically shuts off. After talking with several people, I have decided to replace the heating element (mesh grid looking thing) under the seat cover. It is very common for the heating element to go out and need replacement. From normal wear and tear, the heat element wires crack therefore not providing the correct, or any, electrical current. It is more likely that this is the issue than the switch being bad, and this fix is much cheaper! Infact, I'm heading to the dealership today to pick up the new part so I can replace it. YEA...I can now have a nice warm seat again!

Cheaper than just replacing the switch, when I check out the prices on the stuff, they told me the switch was around $50 while the elements themselves were over $200 for both. Keep us informed on the results, hope it does work out for you!! I would really like to get my drivers side seat heater working because long trips take a toll on my back and the heat keeps it from killing me!!

deere-buyer

Reaction score
Have a 99 tahoe lt, Passenger seat heat great, no driver heat. Changed relay,no change, changed switch,no change. It may be that element is gone. Also heard something about a pressure switch, i believe that the heat does not activate until you are sitting on it? Seems to be problem for a lot of us. Wish there was some real answers out there. bigd