Heated seats inoperable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hacim007

Reaction score
TSB #050850008 was a service bulletin put out in late 2004.

I'm having problem with the heated seats. They used to work fine now they shut off after a few seconds on either side. I can't find out the full details of the bulletin because I'm guessing u have to be a dealer or have access to view the full description. Anyone else had this problem and solved it or figured out what the problem was?

mjbradeis

Reaction score
TSB #050850008 was a service bulletin put out in late 2004.

I'm having problem with the heated seats. They used to work fine now they shut off after a few seconds on either side. I can't find out the full details of the bulletin because I'm guessing u have to be a dealer or have access to view the full description. Anyone else had this problem and solved it or figured out what the problem was?

Anyone?

I am having an intermittent issue where my drivers side heated seat comes on by its self. Shut it off, and then couple of minutes later it comes on again by itself. It does not happen all the time, or every day. Any help would be great!

Scoottn1

Reaction score
Heated Seats Shut Off After About 20 Seconds

I have the same problem.Please help

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xTooltipElement
Service Information
Document ID: 1697109
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#05-08-50-008: Intermittent Heated Seats Inoperative, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram Driver Seat Module) - (Aug 19, 2005)

Subject: Intermittent Heated Seats Inoperative, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram Driver Seat Module)

Models: 2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2003-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003-2005 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali

All with Seat FRT, Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)

2003-2005 HUMMER H2 with Seat, Front Bucket Deluxe (RPO AR9)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that occasionally the seat heater will not operate when activated. If the ignition key is cycled OFF and back ON again, the heated seat will operate correctly. Also, on some LB7 diesel engine vehicles, the seat heater may turn itself off during the first 10 minutes of operation. This occurs only with the first activation for the day and works correctly with subsequent activations immediately after the event. These conditions are intermittent and DTC B3941 may be set.

Correction
Technicians are to reprogram the driver seat module with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.

Warranty Information
Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

N9524*
Driver Seat Module - Reprogram
0.4 hr

*This is a unique labor operation number for use only with this bulletin. This number will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2008 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

db123

Reaction score
so you are saying when the heated seats shut off after 20 seconds,that it needs to be reprogramed by dealer,correct?