Heated Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khool750

Reaction score
This is a really noobie question, but I have to ask because I just noticed this morning and I really don't want to go to the dealership and raise hell if it's not a problem, but do you guys with heated seats know if the butt area is suppose to heat up also? I turn them on and it feels as though the entire seat heats, but if I take my had and feel the surfaces, it's only the back bolster that is heating and the bottom butt area does not feel like it is heating. Am I crazy or are my seats malfunctioning? Please help.:cuss:

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which button are you pushing?

There should be two buttons. One is just for the back and the other is for the bottom and back.

7150_4.JPG

khool750

Reaction score
You know, I never push the bottom one because it seems as though the LED's are saying that both are on. Man, I'm coming from a 2001 Blazer LS, lol. This is all new to me, you know the bells the whistles, and ish. I feel like I'm in a space ship sometimes, but no, to answer your question, I never hit the bottow button. When I use the remote start in the morning, I noticed the butt area is as warm as the back, which must mean it does heat, but today when I pressed it manually, it was not hot, but I did only press the top heat button. Thanks for the input, I will try that this afternoon. I feel like a doofus, lol. But you guys are great, thanks.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
top button is back only, bottom button is butt and back. High/med/low heat is indicated by the lights between the two buttons

khool750

Reaction score
Damn, I feel like I just asked how to turn on the auto headlights, lol. Well anyway thanks, I just need some time to get use to this thing I guess. Speaking of heat, any of you seen anything on the fix for the heated windshield washers? It's about time for the frost, and I'd love to see if this actually works.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same advice as above.
One thing though ,when I got my Yukon SLT and the salesman was telling me it comes with heated seats I was like, whatever. I hadn't really thought of that option. I was interested in Nav,DVD,Bose stereo ,leather etc.. BUTT :) once I started using it and realized how it can sooth my lower back on long rides WOW...now I love it and will never get a car without it again:)
It is a great option that I just considered an extra when purchased but now consider it one of the better options to have.
I am now glad I did not get the heated washer fluid though...sounds like it has a lot of problems. Hopefully it gets fixed toot sweet for you. Good luck with the new ride. I'm at 2400 miles now and loving it.
Joe

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I feel like I just asked how to turn on the auto headlights, lol. Well anyway thanks, I just need some time to get use to this thing I guess. Speaking of heat, any of you seen anything on the fix for the heated windshield washers? It's about time for the frost, and I'd love to see if this actually works.

Well, whatever you do, don't push the button.

heated-washer-fluid-recall.jpg

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once I started using it and realized how it can sooth my lower back on long rides WOW...now I love it and will never get a car without it again:)
I know what you mean. We were shopping at a dealership once and asked the salesguy if a particular vehicle had heated seats. He said no, and that heated seats weren't that great anyway. My wife and I both looked at each other and we knew that guy never owned a car with heated seats before ;).

Now with the Denali, I've discovered the heated steering wheel :cool:. It was something I thought was totally frivolous, but the first cold morning I turned it on, I was grinning ear to ear :lol:.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now with the Denali, I've discovered the heated steering wheel :cool:. It was something I thought was totally frivolous, but the first cold morning I turned it on, I was grinning ear to ear :lol:.

Yep, the first somewhat chilling morning a few weeks back here in DFW (relatively chilly, of course) I turned on the seat heaters and the steering wheel heater and I actually felt kind of weird. I'm not used to THAT much luxury and comfort. :D Kind of guilty feeling driving down the road with a heated steering wheel, heated seats, etc. :skep:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heated seats work great on long road trips. My lower back is in love with them.
:thumbsup:

I can't recall if I've tried the heater sterring wheel. I'll have to figure out how to turn it on later today....LOL

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just thought of this....why do the back seats only heat the butt? wouldnt it be really easy to add another heater into the seat for both back and butt while keeping the same switch? ie splicing into the wiring and adding another heater myself

ive never taken the seats apart for this...are they glued to the foam or just stretched over it? i dont want it to be ghetto looking

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i asked the same question about the 2nd row seats. Its crazy.

and I was looking in the manual but I didnt find any info on "heated steering wheel". maybe i over looked it.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't find it in my manual either. The manual shows a picture of the cancel cruise control button as full size. On mine, the button is half-size and the heated steering button is the other half, right above it. There's an LED that lights up when it's on.

Attachments

• denali-steering-control.jpg
    denali-steering-control.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: