hello to everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading and learning a lot on this forum, and became a member a couple of weeks ago, just hadnt had the time to introduce myself. I have a 07 tahoe LT2 black on black with gm mud flaps, 20" rims, Volatn CAI, JBA titanium ceramic headers and superchips PP. More mods comming soon. Looking forward to share my experiences with you all. Regards.

Robert

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome! This is a great forum and you'll appreciate all the help and info you can find around here.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering that Volant intake. Also curious to see what your mudflaps look like...

Oh, and WELCOME!!! :jester:

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx everyone. HofB99: the volant is an excelent intake, looks great and fit is perfec. I could tell the difference in hp and the sound was very cool, except when floored between 2000-27000 rpm it used to drone a bit, however, that went away once the headers were installed. My millage improved from 14.2 to 16.5 with the intake alone. Ill post some pictures on the flaps asap. I got the OEM by the way.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does the Volant void the GM warranty in any way? If not, I'm buying in!!! :crazy:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does the Volant void the GM warranty in any way? If not, I'm buying in!!! :crazy:

Heh, you're not the only one that was a little freaked out about that... :D There's other threads here about aftermarket parts and warranty issues. Check over here for some Federal protection afforded to us as consumers. As stated there and elsewhere, the dealer / manufacturer would have to prove that the modification caused your problem(s) before they would deny coverage under our factory warranty. I had no troubles with my Volant being on there re: an issue I was having a couple months back with an air/fuel mix problem (vacuum leak, missing cap/seal on manifold after intake install).

Don't worry too much, and be careful when you do the install, and just think things through first. You'll be cool.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get yours, Getwired? Kevin? :shhh:

But seriously, what's a good price for one?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine on eBay - check AutoAnything.com though...

Heh -- nope. Kevin's place doesn't sell Volant yet. I actually made an offer for on on eBay. I would recommend getting the free shipping deal on AutoAnything.com. It'll likely be a good price from those guys, and you'll have great customer support from them too. eBay can be hit-and-miss w/ any seller support (usually "miss"). ;)

I don't remember what I paid -- I do remember it was like $60.00 off retail. Our engines are different, and the intake is different as well, so check the Volant site for the part number and Froogle (Google) it!

Last edited:

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine for $260. Autoanything.com thay had 10% off that day. Oh, by the way, mine was installed at the dealer and they told me there was no problem at all, as long as the installation was ok. Your results may vary. just my 2 cents.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Robert -- welcome, and sorry for the semi-thread-jacking! You got a great deal on the Volant. I think mine came out to like $250 with shipping, but I've got no support / warranty assistance if anything goes wrong. :skep: DOH!! Was your dealer reasonable with installation costs?

Again, welcome!!

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Getwired. Well, they charged me $40 for labor, for me, it was not expensive at all. I rather paying a little extra just for the peace of mind and in this case, I thaught about installing it myself, but I had the same question about the warranty. Autoanything has some great deals every once in a while. After writting a review of the CAI, they sent me a 10%off my next purchase, so guess what... headers and then another10% an so on. I am stuck with them jejeje... Thanx.

Last edited: