Help -- I'm considering a BLACK Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once you go black you wont go back. I love my black cars and trucks and spend about 4 hours a week keeping my daily driver 08 Tahoe clean. I wax it just about every weekend.

sarahw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last 4 new vehicles have been black, so I wanted a change when I bought the Tahoe. I got the blue granite metallic and I like it...but I wish I had gotten the black. :( I'm anal about keeping a vehicle immaculate so any color is an equal amount of work for me.

Pick the color you know you really want.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once you go black you wont go back. I love my black cars and trucks and spend about 4 hours a week keeping my daily driver 08 Tahoe clean. I wax it just about every weekend.

I DID go black in '93, and when I sold that car in 2001, I swore off black. LOL Now I think I want a black vehicle again. "Never say never," right?

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have black '08 and yes it's a bitch to keep clean. Hand wash it 50 out of 52 weeks a year but I enjoy spending the time in the fresh air (hot or cold). Love the way it looks.

Guess1

Reaction score
Go to http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc and learn about (and get some of this stuff). I have owned 5 black vehicles and the Zaino waxes etc will keep your maintenance down to a minimum, and you'll love the way your vehicle looks wet all the time. I seriously only wax mine every 3 mos or so, and the water never stops beading. It is a MUST for owners of black vehicles...or any dark colors. Good luck! No color looks as good as black does on these Chevys....of course that's just my humble opinion.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thundergod

Reaction score
I have a black Ho. I mean a Tahoe. Anyway, I wanted to get a white one, as my 2000 Jetta TDI I bought new is white and the color has held up really well. But, the Tahoe I bought had what I wanted and it was available. I was concerned about the high temps here in TX being made worse by a black vehicle compared to a white vehicle, but I don't think it matters too much. Plus, you can't beat an American-made car for kick a@@ AC output.
I'm over the age now where I hand wash my vehicles. I go thru the touchless car washes and occassionally pay the extra buck for the "wax" feature. Frankly, I've never noticed any problems using these type of car washes. I've used them with my Jetta for nearly 9 years now, and frankly, the paint looks amazing.
I used to be anal about keeping my car clean...I still am, but I just do it the easy way now.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc and learn about (and get some of this stuff). I have owned 5 black vehicles and the Zaino waxes etc will keep your maintenance down to a minimum, and you'll love the way your vehicle looks wet all the time. I seriously only wax mine every 3 mos or so, and the water never stops beading. It is a MUST for owners of black vehicles...or any dark colors. Good luck! No color looks as good as black does on these Chevys....of course that's just my humble opinion.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff -- Thanks for the info. I'm way ahead of you. Zaino is all that's ever touched my '01 Z06 and '02 Tahoe. I've gotten to be good friends with my local salesman (here in PA), and I certainly plan on using Zaino on my future vehicles, too. It's great stuff -- just never had the opportunity to use it on a black vehicle. Good to hear another vote for Zaino for black vehicles.