help with adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a7mad

Reaction score
hey guys,

I installed the Pioneer AVIC Z2 in-dash navi on my 09 tahoe
which is a great unit BTW except that im not in the US so evrything works except for the navigation :(.
the thing is that now my parking aid, door chime and steering control don't work
I was told that I need two adapters one to make the parking aid and the door chime work, and the other for the steering control
can you help me with those adapters please

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need the Metra GMOS-LAN-02 or similar for the chime retention, and you need the PAC SWI-PS for the steering wheel. I've heard mixed reports on the compatibility of the steering wheel adapter, but I think it should work.

a7mad

Reaction score
You need the Metra GMOS-LAN-02 or similar for the chime retention, and you need the PAC SWI-PS for the steering wheel. I've heard mixed reports on the compatibility of the steering wheel adapter, but I think it should work.

Thanx for your reply
with the Metra GMOS-LAN-02 will I regain the parking aid?
if you could give me some of the names of the smiler parts if its no trouble.

thnck you for your help

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes your parking assist should return. Metra makes the one I showed you, there are others, but I don't recall what they are.