Help with oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alex418

Reaction score
The oil cooler lines are leaking on my 95 Tahoe 5.7 Vortec.

I was able to remove the top one from the radiator, but that is it. The bottom radiator line has simply twisted itself into a spiral, but is still connected. That's not really a huge issue because I am replacing the radiator also.

I traced the lines back to the oil filter housing (not sure if that's what it called, but it's where the oil filter screws in.) I don't see being able to get a wrench in there to undo them.

Anyone know what to do here?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have metal C clips you pull and the line pulls out of the Hex adaptor (the Oil Filter adaptor was the term you were looking for before) New lines should come with new clips and you can buy new Hex adaptors if you want.

Just use a hook tool to snag the clip and pull it clear off the adaptors. Pull lines straight out of oil filter adaptor towards the front of the truck.

Good luck!

07burb

Reaction score
What lesterl said is correct. Another option is to delete the oil cooler lines. If you're interested let me know and I'll post a link of the info I used when doing this on my '95. If you do a lot of towing or hauling you wouldn't want to do this delete but if you just do normal everyday driving you really don't need the oil cooler system in place.

alex418

Reaction score
What lesterl said is correct. Another option is to delete the oil cooler lines. If you're interested let me know and I'll post a link of the info I used when doing this on my '95. If you do a lot of towing or hauling you wouldn't want to do this delete but if you just do normal everyday driving you really don't need the oil cooler system in place.

I'd love to see that. Don't do any towing so that could be an option.