Hi Beam Problems... Tahoe -03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danjelo

Reaction score
I have an inconsistency problem with my lights on my hoe...
My extra hi beams dont stay on (most of the time) when I push the turn signal lever forward. Nothing happens. I can flash them by pulling the lever towards me but as you know they dont stay on when it returns to its original position. Sometimes the hi beams stay on though when the lever is pushed...?:umn:
If I turn the "light switch" to the last position and push the lever, the hi beams turn on (and stay on ), but my low beams then turn off. This is very strange. Why do my lo beams turn off here?
I have a HID kit on my Tahoe if it makes any difference.
I need both my lo and hi beams to turn on in the first position with the lever pushed like they are supposed to. What could be wrong? Some kind of relay problem or could it be whe light switch or even the turn signal lever?
Anyone heard of this before?

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In most vehicles when you turn your high beams on (or turn the switch to turn them on) the low beams turn off, that is a wiring thing that you would have to bypass (I know there is a thread on the site about it...just don't have it accessable right now). As for the inconsistency with the high beams when you do active the lever forward sounds like the switch may be going bad. I have had that happen on some of my prior vehicles (but they were under warrenty at the time so I had the dealership replace it). But basically the high beam switch for "constant on" and "flash to pass" take different routes through the switch which would allow for one feature to work and not the other. Hope this helps.