High pitched noise from speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

battyice

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My wife and I have a 2010 Tahoe LT, which is completely stock. It does not have the factory navigation, just the cd deck with XM. Recently we were driving down the road with the radio on and a high pitched noise (buzzing" started coming from the right rear speakers. I shut the radio off, and the noise stopped. Back on, noise is back. It comes and goes, and sometimes it happens when a turn signal is turned on.

This has happened twice in two weeks. The vehicle is under warranty, but unless it becomes easier to replicate I don't think the dealer will be much help.

I found a few scattered posts on other sites describing the same problem, but no one posted a solution or service bulletin. Any advice would be appreciated.

mullinax5630

Reaction score
i know it sound funny but when it starts bump the console and see if it stops.i have an 07 that does the same thing very annoying.they say its a ground.

battyice

Reaction score
i know it sound funny but when it starts bump the console and see if it stops.i have an 07 that does the same thing very annoying.they say its a ground.

I did what you said, and yes, it changed the pitch of the noise and a few times stopped it completely. I ended up getting a "new take out" OEM radio on ebay and installed it a week ago. Everything has been perfect since, so I think it was something inside the radio that was messed up.

briando

Reaction score
make sure something isn't giving off a signal, or a random charge. you'll get that from charging phones sometimes. i know my truck will do it when i plug my phone in while its hooked up to the radio. i know nextels used to do it just being close to speakers. check it out and let me know what you find