How do you set up a dual battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ohmslaw

Reaction score
I see the additional battery tray in the engine compartment and just got through installing a full line of Alpine products in my 07' Tahoe. I watch the volt meter when the stereo is played at a decent volume and I'm just at 12v. I would like to get my hands on a factory harness to add the additional battery anyone have any info on parts and install? Greatly appreciate any help..............

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that the NBS alternator is computer controlled and won't show 14V all the time, only when req'd.

petty

Reaction score
You just have to put the battery in the boot. Then run a four gauge wire from the positive to the back battery. Take note that you need to use a split charger relay on the link as if it is kept connected while the car is not running and of course, the two battery will be discharged.

norrislaketn

Reaction score
To power extra accesories such as amps and camping equipment. It allows you to play and crank the engine istead of having to have a jump to get started.