how many miles on your hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ4180

Reaction score
Not sure about being a garage queen. Wasn't driven much maybe. But has some backyard mechance ridiculous mods. About the only good thing is the exhaust was all redone as well as the air intake and filter. And aftermarket remote starter. But it was a wiring nightmare when I got it. Most problems are all hashed out now

Make It Happen

Reaction score
Recently new to me 2nd owner of a 1999 Chevy Tahoe 2dr 4x4 with under 75,000 original miles. Overall in very very good condition but still needs some work. I paid $2,500 if I recall for it. One door has rust which I plan to take care of in the spring time otherwise body is in excellent condition. Interior needs a good cleaning and the only wear is on the drivers seat the material is stretched from getting in and out. I have a coolant leak but havent located it just yet. Must be high up and pin sized cause its not bad and possibly fixable. Valve cover gaskets are weeping, normal GM stuff and the AC I was told doesnt blow cold.
In the spring I will replace the intake gasket and see which spider it has? If it has the older style spider I will buy the upgraded one and install it while everything is apart. At what point did GM start using the upgraded spider?
So basically I got a bone stock old man driven 99 2dr Tahoe for $2,500 that needs minus labor under a $1,000 to get everything nicely in order I figure. I dont even like driving it to work because everyone wants to buy it from me. I have already been offered double what I paid for it. And I tell you its tempting to sell it and make some money but then what will I drive? Basically zero chance of finding another in this condition with such low miles. So I think I did well price wise, what do you think? Dark Blue/Pewter bottom grey interior, manual 4x4, limited slip rear, tow package, 3.42 gears, captains chairs. Its not loaded but it has all the options that I would have ordered it with so Im happy. The seats are the most comfortable seats i have ever sat in, in a vehicle.
AVG 15 MPG
I love this truck! One thing I wish is that the rear seat was like a 60/40 where I could fold it half down. Not sure if that was an option or not?
It seems these trucks can really go the distance... I'm up for that challenge!
The reason my truck has such low miles is because the original owner was into bike riding and uses his bikes more than his vehicles.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a coolant leak it could be the LIM gaskets, park it untill it can be fixed if it is that....

Spider can be identified easily, pull the intake bonnet loose, open throttle plate by hand and look down inside the throttle body, black plastic fuel lines = old, white lines with wires = new.

Jrick

Reaction score
2000 tahoe limited- turned over 200K last month- I was waiting on this event to start my restoration.

RWL5420

Reaction score
98 2 dr. 2wd... 301,000. original drivetrain still going strong.