how many miles on your hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Z56

Reaction score
I feel like a baby here with all these 2 and 300k Tahoes when mine only has 98,000 and I bought it in 2008 with 78,000 on it.

AgentJewel178

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Tahoe, bought it used in 2013. She has approximately 235,000 miles on her. Since we bought it we have replaced the alternator, the battery, the fuel pump, the speakers, and the radio. Have never driven long distance in her, mainly borrow my dad's 2010 HHR for that. Hoping to take the Tahoe on her first long distance trip next month to Oklahoma.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1440536890747.jpg
    FB_IMG_1440536890747.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1

dbirdez

Reaction score
95 4x4 440,000 ,rebuilt trans, intake ,set of heads & the usual replacement parts.

Murder n Mayhem

Reaction score
2003 Tahoe LT now has 235k & still going strong on mostly maintenance & few small repairs. Literally runs & dives like day it rolled off build.

Last edited:

keek007

Reaction score
mine is a 99 4 door, 4x4 with 184k on it. had 182 when i got it, intake gaskets being replaced tomorrow and cause of that it sucks oolant and idles rough but it runs like a top and most everything works as it should

Jungle Rooster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picture.php

225K, new stock engine with 1500 miles, interior right out of the showroom.

chevylove

Reaction score
we have you all beat

I've got a whopping 437,000 miles on my 95 tahoe I just bought. Figure I'll use it for a while and then have a new motor put in it. I'm curious to find out how far this Chevy motor can go. That's just a ridiculous number. I got it for practically nothing though so...... It's all good!

gary350

Reaction score
I will never have a new motor put in every again. I thought it was a great idea much cheaper than buying a different vehicle. But the old vehicle just went down hill fast and everything starting going bad. Transmission, brakes, wheel bearings, U joints, exhaust, wipers, fuel pump, steering system, shocks, AC system, it needed $8000 in repairs. It was a money pit so I sold it.

DaveL

Reaction score
I've got a whopping 437,000 miles on my 95 tahoe I just bought. Figure I'll use it for a while and then have a new motor put in it. I'm curious to find out how far this Chevy motor can go. That's just a ridiculous number. I got it for practically nothing though so...... It's all good!

Those numbers don't surprise at all anymore.
I talk with a lot of people that belong to different OBS (Old Body Style) clubs across the country and it will shock you at how many of these trucks have 500,000 miles on the original engines.
I have the 99/00 5.7 Vortec...just done the complete upper/lower manifold gaskets, new spider injection, FPR, new billet distributor, new Accel coil and wires and fresh plugs.
The bottom end is still within specs and performs flawlessly..
I change the oil (Pennzoil 5w 40) every 5000 or so.
My Tahoe Limited has been a daily driver since day one...a mobile office, a work truck, pulled trailers,car dollies, a weekend glamour truck, you name it.
The original SS truck and I don't plan on getting rid of her...about time for a face lift and freshening up a few things body wise and interior but nothing major.
Love this Old Black Hoe!

DaveL

Reaction score
Jungle Rooster, I just noticed the roof wing you have...Haven't seen one before.
Do you know who the manufacturer or distributor that handles those..I like it.

chevylove

Reaction score
All good to know. I just put tires on it yesterday.
It seems like the gas pedal is overly stiff.... Is that just because I am used to my little Honda car which I drive with the tips of my toe. In the Tahoe I have to use my whole foot on the pedal and there doesn't seem to be any taking off gently.
So are you all laughing at me now?
I'm wondering if that can be adjusted some how or does it mean something is wrong with it or ...... Do I just need to drive it until I get used to the difference?
I hear you laughing..... Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the throttle snap open on take off and you bark tires, if so there is probably carbon buildup in the throttle body and can easily be cleaned. As far as the stiffness, I don't think they are terribly stiff, have you adjusted the postion of your seat to see if that helps (angle that your foot hits the gas pedal)...

gary350

Reaction score
I had my 1999 chevy Tahoe repaired 2 times it still wont run, this place is about to bankrupt me with their prices.

Vehicle has been miss firing, check engine light is on. I worked on it myself replaces spark plugs and it seemed to be running better but check engine light came on again.

The repair shop replaced the rotor cap and rotor charged me $175 diagnostic, parts, labor $500. Check engine light came on again.

Took it back another $175 for diagnostic, wire, plug, labor $500. Check engine light came on again.

Now the engine is almost impossible to start. Hold the key on, engine cranks 45 seconds before it starts to fire, seems like it fires on 1 cylinder then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 keep holding the key RPMs get faster and faster finally I let off the key and it runs. Every time I start the engine it takes 2 minutes.

Now the back door leaks when it rains the vehicle fills with water and runs out the front doors. I pulled out the mats and left all the doors open in 20 mph wind yesterday. going to be 50 degrees today doors will be open again all day.

Only got 123,000. miles on this its giving me too damn much trouble to keep throwing money into a bottomless pit.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary, I would ask them to fix it properly and for free or you will report them to BBB, local news station, angies list, etc.....

When it is hard to start, hold the foot feed to the floor, if it is flooding out this will clear it and make it easier to start.

If that doesn't work, unplug the electrical connector off the MAF sensor, spray some carb cleaner into the intake and crank, if it fires up and dies you have a fueling issue (possibly weak pump).

If it starts right up and runs possibly bad MAF....

Trillshoota

Reaction score
My 99' is at 215,000 and she still going full steam. Lots of Chevy truck owners alway stop to appreciate when out and about!

Last edited: