how many miles on your hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmothZ71

Reaction score
97 Sport Z71 - just rolled over 200k last week(bought in October @ 191,000)
Still running exceptionally strong, previous owner had the tranny rebuilt @ 186,000. This was my first turn to the dark side(I have a few Jeeps, I chose the Tahoe over a Grand Cherokee 5.9), and I must say I love it. I have no plans to off-road it or anything, but it is my favorite for daily driving.

bud30120

Reaction score
1995 tahoe 4x4. 220,000 miles still running strong!!! Stock motor and tranny
1 new alternater and radiator,water pump. Everthing else is just upgrades.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3004759_1.jpg

138,000 miles, and still thousands and thousands more to go. This vehicle is still young as far as I'm concerned. I plan on being the final owner of this truck. Besides the exhaust manifold, muffler, and rear break lines, I haven't had to fix anything really integral/expensive on this truck yet. It has a few leaks that well need tending too soon, though.

ggaebler

Reaction score
My '92 has 161,487 original one owner miles. Never in an accident, just starting a little rust on rocker panels on both sides. I might just restore it. G

Paul Greathouse

Reaction score
95' coming up on 104,000. Bought it 3 months ago. As far as I know its the original engine and transmission. The guy before my always used quaker state full synthetic and thats what I am continueing with.

The motor runs great but the reverse gear in the transmission is getting slow to engage. My transmission mechanic told me to try transX but it didn't help. Looks like I have a transmission rebuild in my future. When I do, it will get a shift kit and as many other modifications that the trans mechanic can come up with. I will also check into the possibility of going with a higher stall speed torque converter.

Body-wise its like new everything is tight and clean. It drives like a new truck. It was very well taken care of and pampered by the previous owner.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I hit 140,000 miles, I'm doing a full maintenence with a few upgrades to increase longevity and performance. Going to drain the rear end, flush the transmission, install a TCI automatic/manual shift kit and two servos in my transmission, and then refil the rear and trans with royal purple. Then I'm gonna seafoam the engine/throttle body and the gas tank. Then a week later I will change my oil, with RP of course, and a K&N filter (seriously, my favorite oil filters by far).

I'm thinking about maybe flushing my radiator too so I can check out what I can do about fixing that coolant leak that is all over the front of my block. I have a hunch it's leaking out of the timing chain cover or something.

The Witchdoctor

Reaction score
My 95 2wd has 238,000 on all orginal equipment my 99 yukon has 203,000 on it with all original....

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Tahoe just yet but my brother's '96 Tahoe has a little over 100K miles. Still runs good, even though the waterpump is leaking...:nonod:

makmule

Reaction score
19,000 not 190,000. but 19,000 on a 97 tahoe 4 dr 4x4. i bought it last month with 17,000 thousand miles. all original. old couple used it and garaged it for years

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19,000 not 190,000. but 19,000 on a 97 tahoe 4 dr 4x4. i bought it last month with 17,000 thousand miles. all original. old couple used it and garaged it for years

wow, thats a real nice find.

i've put almost 3000 on mine since the last time i posted... a year ago... hahaha 167,500