how many miles on your hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk87brd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It gave me 22 - 23 miles per gallon over most of those Km. The last six months or so it had dropped back to 18 - 19, she was getting tired. Why my mileage was so high, I am not sure. I see postes here talking of 12 - 14 mpg. I drive 10 - 20 km over the limit most of the time, up hill and down and rarely use the brakes, don't know where that effects it or not. I liked my Tahoe so much I've gone and got a 1999 Yukon, only 112,000 kilometres (70k miles). Only had it 2 months so data is pretty raw, but it looks to be giving me 18 - 19 mpg. If it is half the vehicle the Tahoe was, I will be happy.

bigfredtn

Reaction score
My 98 yukon has 254,000 miles on it. Replacement parts 2 fuel pumps, intake gasket, pass lock module, wiper motor circuit board, heater core, blower motor, lots of rotors and brake pads. Getting ready to replace the U-joints soon.

jlcvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1999 2-dr
Bought in 2001 with 29,000
Now- 81,000 and still runs great

Mapearso

Reaction score
1997 2dr 2wd with barn doors...
136k miles
just bought it, so far so good
pics up soon

(my 89 silverado has 205k miles, 50k on the new motor)

nctahoe

Reaction score
Just joined the site yesterday looks like I will be a member 4 life.
96 LS w/barndoors
2dr 4wd
254,000 on the clock
First thing I had to do was replace the rad @ 125,000
next was the ujoints and rotors wiper board
tranny rebuild right at 200k now due to poor maintence I need a new motor.

Albow

Reaction score
Miles

143.000 runs GREAT!

Attachments

• side v..JPG
    side v..JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 15

95ThAHOE

Reaction score
just turned 205,100 - 95 tahoe, runs well but not much life left in the old girl.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 Kon... 125,xxx - Replaced fuel pump twice - rear-end 4 times.. pitman arm seal twice - water pump - o2 Sensor, cats.... and the fuel tank pressure sensor - also headlight switch 3 times, heater switch once, 4x4 switch once.. and there is something terribly wrong with my fuel hand, bright light light in the guage cluster, and cruise control light, also i have replaced the rear seal in the transfer case... i think thats all.... - I need two front door handles.. drivers and passengers broke off

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thought this was a tahoe forum:thumbsup: not a yukon forum:bs:
next time buy a chevy and you might save all some of those trips to the auto parts store....

blk87brd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Biggwaukegan, other than badging what is the difference between a Yukon and a Tahoe. I had a 99 Tahoe which was the best vehicle I have ever owned. As incdicated in an earlier post on a different thread, it had close to 480,000 Kilometres (300,000 miles) on it when I put it through a short flight, hard landing about a 50 metres, (150') below the road. I found a 99 Yukon SLT with 112,000 Kilometres on it and have had it four four months. I have gone through it from front to back and have yet to find anything different. I have an acquaintance who swears GMC is far better than Chev, yet I no of no differences in any pickup/suv other than badging.
Regards
Tom G.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no difference except maybe the quality of craftsmanship when made. is this yukonforum.com or tahoeforum.com...no bigg deal dont get your panties in a knot pimpin

blk87brd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar to you, Biggwaukegan, I am seeing a lot of Yukon's in this forum. I don't care whether they are in the right forum or not. The question that it raises for me is "Are Yukon's more plagued with problems than are Tahoe's"? I think we agree that the parts are all the same. Is it just me or do Yukon owners seem to be having more issues with their rides than Tahoe owners????