How Much Money Have You "invested" in your Hoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real cost of ownership!

K&N Air intake - 275
Exhuast 1st (super 40)- 425
Exhuast 2nd(50 series)- 250
Hypertechprogrammer- 300
Jet Chip 230
TB spacer 95
Day Star Leveling kit 120
DVD player 800
Wheels 900
Tires 1200
Hood+paint 1100
Suspension Lift 2100
GRAND TOTAL $7795 :ktoe:

I currenlty have 23000 miles on it I average 13MPG I've used 1769 gallons of fuel @ $3.00* = $5307

As Of today I have spent $13,102 :mpr:

gas prices have gone from about 2.40 to 3.40 since I've owned my beast.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frist time I filed taxes I made $13,000.

We truly live in the land of excess. No wonder poeple across the world hate us!

MOBANN1

Reaction score
The real cost of ownership!

K&N Air intake - 275
Exhuast 1st (super 40)- 425
Exhuast 2nd(50 series)- 250
Hypertechprogrammer- 300
Jet Chip 230
TB spacer 95
Day Star Leveling kit 120
DVD player 800
Wheels 900
Tires 1200
Hood+paint 1100
Suspension Lift 2100
GRAND TOTAL $7795

Congrats on owning a $95 paper weight. :lol:

I know what you mean though, I have more then $10,000 invested in just my Suspension Lift, Wheels, Tires, and Gears and Steps.

I'm scared to add up everything else. :eek:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TB spacer actually pushed my whole setup over the 1mpg improvement. :gy: The only reason I added this up was becuase I get asked all the time "how much money have you spent on your car"

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
i don't have extra money for mods with 2 cherubs to feed and gas going up daily, now over $4.00 a gallon here in California with no end in sight. They say in 2 more years it will be over $7.00 a gallon.:wow: :wow: I may have to use a Bicycle for short trips at that point. I did ad a $20 OAKLY metal decal does that count?

Last edited:

MOBANN1

Reaction score
i don't have extra money for mods with 2 cherubs to feed and gas going up daily, now over $4.00 a gallon here in California with no end in sight. They say in 2 more years it will be over $7.00 a gallon.:wow: :wow: I may have to use a Bicycle for short trips at that point.

I don't think it will ever reach that. No one will pay it, therefore they would have to lower their prices.

But mark my words, vehicles are not a want anymore, nowadays they are a NEED. Something bad is going to happen in our near future, I feel it. :(

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I don't think it will ever reach that. No one will pay it, therefore they would have to lower their prices.

But mark my words, vehicles are not a want anymore, nowadays they are a NEED. Something bad is going to happen in our near future, I feel it. :(

Especially in California where everything is so spread out. I was riding my bike pulling a bike trailer to take my kids too school, but after a few trips the risk just wasn't worth it, that and soon we will be seeing 105* temps in my neck of the woods, so a vehicle is very necessary.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The nature of the globally decreasing oil supply will inevitably push the cost of fuel to $7.00 per gallon and much higher, surely within my lifetime. This is simply because the demand will continue to increase as the remainder of the word becomes more and more industrialized, yet the supply of recoverable oil will continue to become harder to obtain.

Simply put, petroleum is a finite resource that is dwindling and is eventually going to dissappear. I remember in a energy and the environment class I took that estimates for the global peak oil production (Hubbert's peak, which also predicted 1970's oil crisis based on United States peak oil production) all were projected to take place right about at this decade.

I agree that something bad is going to happen, and likely has slowly started. The United States has become what it is with an economy based on the use of cheap energy. The increasing cost of fuel, which is an essential cost for the overwhelming majority of Americans, has cut in to household's disposable income, resulting in a weakened overall economy as money has been channeled from other markets to be quite literally burned for transportation.

I think we are at the beginning of a slippery slope which is only going to get steeper until the exhaustive cost of fuel will force the market to engineer and implement alternative fuel sources to replace petroleum. During this transition period, the economy of the United States that is so dependant on relatively cheap energy is going to suffer, and it's a shame that we did not begin to implement change sooner to ease us off our oil dependency, but unfortunately it appears that we as Americans are going to have to learn the hard way. It's going to suck.

And back on topic for the thread, to date I have spent $5,415.00 spread out over about eight years for modifications for my vehicle. That does not include maintenece costs or fuel costs, simply modification costs.

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nature of the globally decreasing oil supply will inevitably push the cost of fuel to $7.00 per gallon and much higher, surely within my lifetime. This is simply because the demand will continue to increase as the remainder of the word becomes more and more industrialized, yet the supply of recoverable oil will continue to become harder to obtain.

Simply put, petroleum is a finite resource that is dwindling and is eventually going to dissappear. I remember in a energy and the environment class I took that estimates for the global peak oil production (Hubbert's peak, which also predicted 1970's oil crisis based on United States peak oil production) all were projected to take place right about at this decade.

There is a LOT of oil still out there. However, much of it is economically unviable to recover profitably. However, as the price of oil rises those reserves become viable. That will tend to have some stabilizing influence on the price of oil and therefore on gas/diesel.

Having said that, I *really* hope they put the new 4.5L Duramax in the Denali XL so I can buy one.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"alot" is not a word thunder....

... grammer mistake ...

one little grammer mistake...

I'm sure it's all in good fun, but one thing there is not "alot" of on here is "grammer". There are, however, plenty of mistakes (including one or maybe two of my own).

On topic, I've spent only about $2600.00 on stuff for my Denali. Not big into the bling-bling I suppose. Truck has most of what I wanted already, just needed some semi-custom touches...

noble

Reaction score
back to the topic::

ive only got about 4k into mine... it helps when you got hook ups and know how to work on cars..
before it goes to sema ill have about 5k more into it..

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rims and Tires $2500.00
HID Head Lights and Rev Lights $300.00
2/3 Drop $600.00
Train Horn $500.00
Tint $200.00
LED Tail Lights $250.00
High Beams and Fog lights wigwacks $200.00
K&N Intake $250.00
Magnaflow Muffler and exaust Tips $400.00

Total $5200.00 Wow, do not let my wife see this...

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo, mods, can we get a clean-up on aisle two, please? I think someone's spilled a bucket or two of crap all over an otherwise interesting thread... :nonod:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the most by far that I have ever spent on a single car. My other car, all I've done was a add an intake exhaust and wheels. Adding aftermarket part is addicting.*

*this sentence has not been checked for grammer or spelling.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the most by far that I have ever spent on a single car. My other car, all I've done was a add an intake exhaust and wheels. Adding aftermarket part is addicting.*

*this sentence has not been checked for grammer or spelling.

I have three brothers and I'm the only one who hasn't driven a lifted truck at some point. Mason had a lifted 01 F-150 Lariat, Jason had a lifted 97 Yukon SLT, and Michael had a lifted 01 Silverado LT. I wish I had lifted my 2000 Z71 in high school it would have been badass.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ive had my hoe for a little over a year and if you take everything that ive put into it the total comes to about 10-11k didnt realize how much ive dumped into it LOL makes me want to stop buying sh*t for it haha

And for people talking **** on here...stop! This is why im not on here very much anymore...so rediculous...and it always seems to start with Rolling Thunder hmmm?

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I just cleaned up this thread. 20+ posts were deleted due to off topic and "offensive" posts.
Please keep all thread topics ON TOPIC and restrain yourselves from posting immature and offensive comments.

Now then, back to topic.
I've spent just under $12K in mods on mine so far, including the new SS bumper cover, roll pan, and hidden hitch I just ordered. Not sure what it's going to cost me to paint the bumper and roll pan yet. Plus whatever I've spent on maintenance thus far.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cleaned up this thread. 20+ posts were deleted due to off topic and "offensive" posts.
Please keep all thread topics ON TOPIC and restrain yourselves from posting immature and offensive comments.

Now then, back to topic.
I've spent just under $12K in mods on mine so far, including the new SS bumper cover, roll pan, and hidden hitch I just ordered. Not sure what it's going to cost me to paint the bumper and roll pan yet. Plus whatever I've spent on maintenance thus far.

PICs Pics Pics ive been lookin at that ss bumper and with a roll pan itll be the sh*t