How to apply Seafoam 06 GMC Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vsupan

Reaction score
Has anyone used Seafoam on their 06 GMC Yukon Denali? If so, does anyone have a write up or pictures on how to apply correctly?

Thanks so much!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you have and what kind of conditions do you drive in. I would think that seafoam would not be needed yet...

vsupan

Reaction score
about 45,000 miles. its an 06 Yukon. Runs great so far. The dealership was charging me 125.00 to do some fuel injection cleaning. I figured seafoam would be cheaper and should do the trick.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use Techron at every oil change and you won't have to worry about it.

shadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use Techron at every oil change and you won't have to worry about it.

Tehcron is good stuff, used it for years on my '00 Tahoe 5.3L since purchased new, now at just over 100K mi.'s, still running great on original plugs and have never done anything at all on the engine.

Put in one of the large bottles (20 OZ.) pure techron (not the diluted version) at every oil change.

Also have used name brand synthetic oil (proper viscosity rating per manual) and good oil filter (Puralator Pure One).

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the "pure" Techron bottle look like? Hadn't heard of it. Just use the stuff in the black bottle at Advance Auto.

shadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the "pure" Techron bottle look like? Hadn't heard of it. Just use the stuff in the black bottle at Advance Auto.

There's Chevron Injector Cleaner that says "includes Techron", and then there's straight Techron. I've purchased the straight in both 12 and 20 oz bottles.

Redline makes good stuff I think, I've used their Redline Injector Cleaner also, and it is cheaper to use as one bottle (usually pay about $7/bottle) will treat 100 gals of gas. Have used this when I could not find Techron easily.

Just tried Seafoam last oil change as injector cleaner. Heard good stuff about them, and my friend had some at his auto repair shop, so I just got it from him because I was there. I expect it will work well also, based on what I've heard about it.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try some 44k or K44 whatever its called by BG I like it but its sort of pricey.