How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, what if you dont want to always run a 4 high. I will have to show my output pictures of a 9005 bulb that I use instead of a 9006. I have aimed it properly to aim straight down the middle and it looks nice. Just food for thought.

Just take the diode out. I mean really, not that hard. But if you do the mod, why would you get rid of it. IMO if you dont want to do it and think it stupid. Dont do it. Im not saying you have to. Im just saying most people WANT TO, you are different. Just food for thought.

LT1Caddy

Reaction score
Diode mod in a 2002 Sierra

Can you use the diode mod in a 2002 or do you have to use the relay method to get the 4 lights to stay on?
The diode method is a 5 minute job.................

THX:confused2:

djrottweiler

Reaction score
when do the fogs turn on

Do the fogs turn on with the lows or the highs cause I want my fogs to turn on with my lows and highs. is this how it would work???

Rottweiler

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your fogs turn on when ever your highs do. But you will still need to manually turn them on when just using low beams.

NY946

Reaction score
Which pin would I connect an additional diode to, in order to operate the drls as well?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in all honesty. DONT do it this way for the DRL. I tried it and the entire thing started buzzing and I lost the DRL relay and had to buy a new one. You can jumper a wire from each DRL to the highbeam wire.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck on figuring out how to do this on the earlier models? I have a 2000 and I'd like to do it. If you wanna pop 40 bucks you can get this.

http://www.lmctruck.com/ICATALOG/CE/full.aspx?Page=46

It looks like it does what the mod does, just jumps the two relays. If this thing can do it for 40 bucks I'm sure it can be done cheaper if someone knew what they were doing, and that wouldn't be me.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in all honesty. DONT do it this way for the DRL. I tried it and the entire thing started buzzing and I lost the DRL relay and had to buy a new one. You can jumper a wire from each DRL to the highbeam wire.

Has anyone tried this? If so how did you like the results and how did you do it?

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i go ahead and do the 6 high mod on mine while waiting for my hids to come in? will it matter if i do the mod with my regular halogens in now and then switch out to hids later?

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did the 6 high mod and i love it, i drove around the neighborhood and it lit up the streets like crazy

it was pretty easy to do, although it took me about half an hour because im such a perfectionist

i found that it was much easier to pull the relays out with a flathead screwdriver and a little leverage btw

jwesenck79

Reaction score
just wanted to let you know that you rule!!!! haha, just did this in under 10 minutes. fyi: a pair of needle nose poliers to bend the ends of the diodes is definitely the way to go, good thing i went to school for electronics haha.

on a side note, just curious, How did you come up with this? was it known before hand or is it something u came up with? thanks again for such an easy and very informative write up!

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of lights and bulbs do you have on your Hoes? I think the lamps are replaced to follow Norwegian laws and have only one low and one high on each side with 9006 and 9005 bulbs. No possibility to make this mod.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of lights and bulbs do you have on your Hoes? I think the lamps are replaced to follow Norwegian laws and have only one low and one high on each side with 9006 and 9005 bulbs. No possibility to make this mod.

um im pretty sure thats exactly what we have, low beams on the outside, high beams on the inside (or vice versa i cant remember)

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure I follow you. The way I read it everyone who's done this mod has the four bulb set up. I can't afford the HID's so I just bought a set of Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's. Would have been 100 bucks with the highs on sale at Checker. Got all four for 43 bucks delivered from eBay. They showed up today, gonna put them in tonight or tomorrow. As far as the mod goes, I got a relay from my friend yesterday. When things warm up so I'm not freezing my cajones off doing the mod I plan on soldering that puppy in so I have the 4 hi thing goin'.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 4 hi means that the lows are on when the highs are on? If so I've got that with my HIDs.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 4 hi means that the lows are on when the highs are on? If so I've got that with my HIDs.

Yup. These things are wired so that when you turn on the brights the low and fogs go off. The 4 hi mods leaves the lows on when the highs are on and the 6 hi mod leaves the fogs on too. The DRL's or whatever they're called still go off.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just added another diode to go from my drl relay to the high beam relay, it works, now i have an 8 high mod

although i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for it stay okay

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just added another diode to go from my drl relay to the high beam relay, it works, now i have an 8 high mod

although i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for it stay okay

dang I wonder what the heck I did wrong. Well Im out to go try it. Thanks alot LOL.