How To Joey Mod(Black) or Clear Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bshack88

Reaction score
I tried this mod this weekend but I think my headlight are too brittl efor some reason. I have an early model year 07 denali and i just couldn't get the 2 pieces apart without tearing them up! Sucks, those stupid orange corners are the only non-black chrome left! Any suggestions? I tried cooking longer and everything

cwt4

Reaction score
bshack can you post a bigger pic of ur ride. I am thinking of putting the 330s on my denali also...

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but when you take the headlight out of the oven, is the headlight hot as hell? Did you wear mittens or something?

I just ordered a used headlight off ebay so I can try this :thumbsup:

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek:

I cannot get this damn light apart to save my life. I have spent about two hours now on it and just cant seem to figure it out. I've baked the light over and over. I seem to be able to break the seal under the black lip of the back of the housing but can't seem to pull it apart.

Any tips?

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a pain in the @ss, and it's just you have be confident. I was scared at first that I was gonna break it, but if you go to light there is no way you can get it apart. You have to be careful still, but you have to use some force. I used the screw driver to jam the damn thing in there, and then pry it apart. Look at my post where I stated that you had to start on a certain side first, or it's impossible. If you start on that side and get it open, the rest of the sides open pretty easy.