how to replace the a/c evaporator '94 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportblazer350

Reaction score
looks like I need to replace the a/c evaporator and blower motor on my '94 Blazer. Found a series of YouTube videos and that guy removed the steering wheel and column and the entire dash board to get to the evaporator. Took him an entire day. Is that all really necessary? A mechanic turned down the job so I need help! I am leaking water under my carpeting on the passenger side and hear fluid moving around under the dash when I run the a/c. Bad situation here.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYnH2mfjqtQ

This is how I cleaned my Evaporator and housing, well minus the garden hose.

I used a small brass brush I could fit up in there with my hand and kinda used the bristles to clean the evaporator core surface (was coated with crap), and to remove the crud at the bottom. I also used my shop vac to suck up a ton of crud, must have been packed half full.. Much better airflow, cooling, and less smell.....

sportblazer350

Reaction score
thanks. do I have to remove the ECM? I saw a different yt video and that fella completely disassembled the dash and removed the steering column too.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the Fan out and went in through a hole barely big enough to fit my hand with a small brass brush, brushed the core up and down knocking loose all the crud, swept the bottom of the pan with the brush and brought it over into the blower housing and sucked it up with a shop vac, took 30 min......