Howdy all! New guy here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say Hi:yaya: ! I just found this forum, and it looks like a good home for me and my newly acquired 1995 Yukon!

I've been a member of Moparts since about 1998, and 66-67Charger.com for about 4 years now.

Yes, I'm a Mopar guy, but I have to say I LOVE my Yukon! Especially the deal I managed to get it for (from a dealer, no less!). It cost me zero dollars out of pocket, and I even got a refund check from the state for overpyment of the fees by the dealer! Can't beat that!:D

Anyway, I'm going to nose around here a bit, see if I can find some answers to my questions on these things before I post anything redundant.

Thanks for being here! This is going to be great!

Eric

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Sounds like a killer deal you ended up with:beerchug: Post some pics when you get a chance and let's see what you're working with.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Thanks for the warm welcome! I spent a good few hours here this morning reading many things, and I am certain this will be a big help to me!:thumbsup:

I was driving an Explorer XLT (which I also really liked), but it didn't have enough cargo room in it, nor rear seat room for my work life. So I got the twisted idea that I might be able to swap similar vintage Explorer for similar vintage Tahoe/Yukon/Expedition/Suburban. You know, a dealer might want the gas-guzzling behemoth off their lot, and in it's place, a svelt 20mpg SUV.

Well, in theory, it was a good idea! In real life, though, it was a difficult task, primarily because it seems the dealerships do not understand that new fangled thing known as e-mail, nor do they embrace technology in anyway (though they all advertise on the intra-web thingy!). Add to that there were NO vehicles meeting my needs within reasonable driving distance (that weren't all ghetto'd up or had over 200k on them).

Finally I found a dealer on the other side of the state with this truck, we communicated via internet a bit, exchanged many pictures, and they thought they'd do a swap. I took the Saturday morning after Christmas, drove 4 hours out there, was there about 20 minutes, and we swapped, and they picked up the tab on the reg fees!

I've since fallen in love with this truck! Then again, aside from some of the common issues with them, what's not to love? It's big, it's comfy, it'a a maxo-luxo yacht! The 4x4 system is superior to the AWD of the Ford, the brakes are not, and I'm still getting over the shock of going from 20mpg to 12.4!:cryin: But I can live with it! My old Power Wagon got 8mpg on a good day, so I'm still 50% better, right?:D

There will be many questions coming from me, and I hope to offer as much help back to others as I can!

Let's see if I can post a picture of the "Blue Moose"!

Eric

Attachments

• Yukon.jpg
    Yukon.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 8
  • yukon interior.jpg
    yukon interior.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 6

XLDENALIXL

Reaction score
yea man welcome im new here to sick ass forum, and alotta smart people hear will give u good anserws, congrats on the yukon, i had a 96 burban now im bout to buy a blacked out 95 tahoe GREAT trucks, gotta love the gmt-400 chasis!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrts! More then welcome to have you here on the baords! Don't forget to post pics of that charger you got...or that power wagon!

I use to drive a 4.7L V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with Quadra Drive. On a good week I would average 17-20MPG. I feel I exceed that with my Hoe. It takes me a week to go through a tank of gas. Plus i would have to fill the tank twice in a week compared to Jeep. Maybe I have a freak hoe? Either way glad I got this thing. Debating on wheather to keep for another 10 yrs or not!

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, it feels REAL GOOD to have a V8 under my right foot again, too! Now to make it sound like it has a V8...LOL

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, it feels REAL GOOD to have a V8 under my right foot again, too! Now to make it sound like it has a V8...LOL

Long tube headers, hi flow cat and a new muffler! LoL

Welcome to the boards!

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrts! More then welcome to have you here on the baords! Don't forget to post pics of that charger you got...or that power wagon!

OK, here's a couple of pics of my others- Enjoy!

wagonafter.jpg

charger.jpg

moparts79pw1.jpg

Eric

hapyspaz

Reaction score
Nice collection of cars you got there. And welcome to the boards! Im fairly new here as well, but this place is packed full of knowledge.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome!!! i wish my driver seat looked good like yours!!

Weird, eh?:D There's 155,000 miles on that seat too! Of course, the structure is broken (waiting for a replacement to turn up, or waiting for a shop who will weld it back together and not be worried if I'm going to sue them or not). Makes for a funky ride, but yes, the leather is still quite good!:cool:

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my metal was cracked to so i drilled some holes with a new peice of metal and srewed

them together came out alright , better if it was welded

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the seat- I found a front pair of power leather units locally on CL for $80.00 for the pair! I get them tonight! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wrong color leather, but the upholstery is pretty easy to swap out. A week-end project!

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me about 40 minutes last night to completely disassemble the "new" seat down to the metal, including figuring out how to do it! Piece of cake! This week-end, I'll pull out my seat and do the swap, shouldn't take more than 2 hours total!