I'm Back! Some Questions About the Tahoe/Denali Grill Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikemjohnson

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back. You guys may remember that I was a vendor here on TF.com (Higher Level Automotive), but I sold the business this summer as it was getting in the way of school, and as a result my post count got slaughtered when the classified system was changed a while back :(

I ended up pulling some money together and got a 350Z, which I may be selling here immediately, and hoping to get back into my chevy truck roots, with a 2000-2006 tahoe :thumbsup:

here is my 350Z. i bought it 100% stock in july and got it to look like this pretty quickly, with some basic performance also:
n1398720306_30496423_3859.jpg

n1398720306_30496424_4179.jpg

n1398720306_30496427_5170.jpg

Anyways, I plan on getting the tahoe like mentioned, assembling my own lift that will make about 5.5" of suspension lift, and the works.

One visual mod I want to do is swap to the denali front end. I dont want to try to pretend i have a denali when I know i dont, so im going to want to get a billet grille that is similar to the bullet hole denali grill without the GMC logo on it.
this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GRIL...ryZ33645QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That grill should bolt up just fine, correct? im going to purchase the headlights and turn signals separately. but that should bolt up no problemo right?
secondly, ideas on how to cover the spot where the GMC logo is? just buy another grill to go over it, and maybe dremmel out the GMC area on the original grill so theres not any black areas behind the new grill?

thanks guys

tribalbreak

Reaction score
from what ive been told that grille bolts right up to the yukons and tahoes... you just need to replace the parking lights assembly... i dont think there is an issue with having the non denali front bumper

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the hood. But I do know that the denalis have a different front end from the tahoes and the parking and projector headlights wont just swap in there.

GOOD ta see ya back though. :thumbsup: I wish if i were to buy from HLA It would be from you. Still got all those kits sitting in my garage, 9005 and 880 are ridin dirty in the silverado now. 9006 kit is going to be modded to fit in the fogs of the yukon, I might add they survived a front end colision, even though the vehicle was consitered totoled (airbags are expensive to replace was told 4k a piece, then body work, then engine work), I went to the salvage yard, removed the kits, tested it and they all worked great.

mikemjohnson

Reaction score
Not sure on the hood. But I do know that the denalis have a different front end from the tahoes and the parking and projector headlights wont just swap in there.

GOOD ta see ya back though. :thumbsup: I wish if i were to buy from HLA It would be from you. Still got all those kits sitting in my garage, 9005 and 880 are ridin dirty in the silverado now. 9006 kit is going to be modded to fit in the fogs of the yukon, I might add they survived a front end colision, even though the vehicle was consitered totoled (airbags are expensive to replace was told 4k a piece, then body work, then engine work), I went to the salvage yard, removed the kits, tested it and they all worked great.
thats epic, i wish i still owned it because i would beat that to death that they survived. Im guessing the new owners dont advertise on here anymore, as all ads are gone, and the subforum was deleted, which is why i have like 32 posts. thats a shame. i still work in aftermarket car parts, just im working for the man now :(