Install Factory overhead dvd if Didn't come with it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarrodl

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the factory overhead panasonic dvd player in a tahoe that didn't come with this option? I have a 2003 with sunroof. Are the brackets to mount it under the headliner? is the wiring harness there by any chance? If not, can it be hooked up as a stanalone unit that only supplies sound to the headphones? ANy tips?
Thanks
Jarrod

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

No, sorry, I haven't done that and I am not sure of how easily it can be done, but consider this a free bump back to the top of the new posts for the other members to see...

Scrtcell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock rse

Hey Jarrodl,
Did you have any luck with installing that rse in your truck I also acquired one from an 05 denali and when it gets a little warmer I am going to try to install it in my truck I too have an 04 denali but I did get the complete wire harness from the rse to the fuse box I will hit you back if it works....

Scrtcell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock overhead DVD

Hey I got my DVD/tv to work I got the factory harness out of the donor vehicle the harness plugs directly into the DVD player you only need three wires to make it work which are :pink for battery,green/black which is the serial 2 data wire that can be connected at the radio and the black/white which is ground you may have to fabricate some type of brackets to mount it to the ceiling that is what I am going to do......