Installed Magnaflow 23453, and IT'S AWESOME!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,
Upon Boostaholic's advice, I picked up a Magnaflow 23453 exhaust/cats combo. Great item, kinda expensive to ship, BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT!@
Magnaflow23453
Installation was unremarkable, I suppose.
There was a bit of trouble getting everything to line up properly with the remainder of the exhaust system, but just loosening the mounting points of the whole thing and then connecting it, THEN retightening everything, it 'pulled' itself into alignment.
So far, I have detected no leaks, AND IT SOUNDS GREAT.

I got a bunch of fuel (or condensation) shooting out of exhaust tips, but other than that its awesome. So I'll look into that later...

ok pic one is the side by side, you can see its pretty much the same, and the O2 sensors we positioned perfectly, I got no code or warning lights or anything...
Pic 2 is the flowmaster 40 2-in, 2-out.. and pic 3 is the crappy alignment i had at first. Anyway, it worked and thanks for all your help throughout all the exhaust threads I posted.

DID I MENTION IT SOUNDS GREAT?

Thanks, Boost.

Pete

Attachments

• side by side.JPG
    side by side.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 93
  • flo.JPG
    flo.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 60
  • badalign.JPG
    badalign.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 64

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man,
I looked at the application guide on summit, and tried to key your car all the way in, and it looks like it would fit.

I think you should double check it, I would hate to tell you the wrong part for your truck.

Attachments

• I think so.jpg
    I think so.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 51

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't see why it would be different between the manifolds to the cats... the rear section world be different. boost said it wouldn't fit, but the more i look at it, it looks like it would.

how much do you have in it all together (price and shipping)

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In round numbers, the 23453 was $335, and $99 to ship because its "oversized"
and it was $40 for Jiminey to put it in while I worked on the grill.

Plus he drank about 12 beers, so add 8$ for that..So a little over 470$ is probably fair.

If you can get this locally somehow, or some way to not pay shipping, it would save the 99 bones.

Pete

Last edited:

myhd

Reaction score
I just received the same Magnaflow 23453 and I picked up the Magnaflow cat back exhaust (15701) as well.

Got the Catalytic converters (23453) brand new for $238 shipped and the cat back (15701) for $245 shipped.

Great deal for this setup.

Sometimes you have to wait for a good deal. You can still get the converters from that seller, but probalby not the cat back, for those prices.

I am thinking about a set of headers now for my 99 Yukon.

They are still in the boxes. Will install them when the snow is gone.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool. yeah, speaking of snow, we picked up 14" last night, so I got the ride hidden in the garage...
I should be working on the stereo.

I hope you like the magnaflow setup. Tell us how it goes when you put it on.
Good Luck.
Pete

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you like it, I know it made the most difference than any mod I did to mine. I'll try to look closer under a 2dr next time I see one. I'm not sure if they never test fit one or if the catback is different for the 2dr. I'm sure any muffler shop could weld you up a mandrel catback with a flange off the magnaflow. Did it open the truck up quite a bit?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it did open it up quite a bit. I didnt think that just the little bit different pipe would change the sound so much, but it did.

I think if I would have shopped this a bit more, I could have found a cheaper price (like with anything, I guess) but I couldnt wait. :)

My wife has the same complaint sometimes... heh.

Bigg Dawg Hammer

Reaction score
Any luck on 2 doors

Anyone try this combo of the 23453 (cats) and 15701 (cat back) on a 2 Door? Shouldn't really be that big of a difference?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the original setup Boostaholic installed on his. I dont think the difference would be huge, you would just need one more set of doors on your truck :) or some way to maybe shorten the 15701.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the application page from Summit for the 15701.

Maybe Boostaholic can recommend something for the 2 door model.

Attachments

• 15701.jpg
    15701.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 20

racebronco

Reaction score
that's a good deal on cats.. is anyone using the 93603 version?? that's the setup I need. can't find it under $530

evansm31

Reaction score
I just ordered the Magnaflow 23453 cats, and Summit shorty truck headers for my '99 Tahoe 4-door. I already have the K&N cold air intake and Flowmaster 50-series dual-in, dual-out 2.25" exhaust. Do you guys think there will be a big sound difference? I'm actually hoping so, because my 50-series sounds pretty quiet to me. Let me know.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huge sound difference. My old tahoe with the y-pipe and maggy catback was way louder than my denali with just a catback. Really opened the truck up and gave it a lower tone.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it will sound better.. maybe the "pop" sound when your on throttle and the "gurgle" sound at idle wil just overall make you pee.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im using the same magnaflow cats 2 of them, with custom piping, and 2 flowmaster 40 series. sounds dam tough.