Installing powerfold mirror button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

localceleb85

Reaction score
hi i bought the esky mirrors for my 07 tahoe but my truck doesnt have a button for the fold in, i was wondering if anybody has added this

norrislaketn

Reaction score
I installed power mirrors on my 07 Tahoe. I installed the driver side switch and cut the orginal black trim overlay with a razor blade. Dealer flashed the memory (cost $75) and all works as stock. Glad I did it. Next add on is Escalaed LED tail lights next week.

Reaction score
Do you have a web site for where you purchased your mirrors? I'm interested in upgrading my '08 as well.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I trolled ebay for a couple of months until I found a good deal.

Reaction score
Were the mirrors you installed all black or painted like the stock ones? I'm looking for the same painted mirrors I have only power folding.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The painted caps snap off and can be replaced. However, the painted versions were mostly what I found on ebay.

Make sure the mirrors have the turn signals in them. If not, then mirror will NOT have the power folding capability. Turn signals, power folding, and heat all come with the same Tahoe mirror.

I did run across some Silverado mirrors that had signals and power folding without the heat. There are quite a few interchangeable parts between the 2008 Tahoe and the 2008 Silverado. Mirrors and door switches to name a couple. I know this because hubby has 2008 Silverado and I have 2008 Tahoe.