Interior Light Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian022687

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue to give me some pointers. So for the last couple of months my 97 Tahoe has been blowing the fuse for the interior lights, it seems to happen every couple of weeks. Well about 2 weeks ago the interior lights just stopped working all together, no fuses have been blown and no light bulbs are out. I can only assume that whatever was causing the fuse to blow has caused a short somewhere in the wiring. I was looking for any tips or suggestions as to where to start looking? Is there a common area that is prone to wire shorts? Also, I'm not sure this really has anything to do with this problem, but there appears there is a loose connection in the instrument cluster light. When the lights are turned on the instrument cluster likes to not turn on, and often requires a smack on the dash to actually turn them on. Any tips or suggestions that you guys could provide would be great as I don't have a garage to work inside, so I am going to have to freeze my butt off working outside. Thanks.