Intro: New to me 03 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90Carat

Reaction score
Hi.

I just bought an 03 Denali as a replacement for my 99 Trooper. I'm the second owner, and the first owner treated it like a creampuff. This Denali has just over 52K miles on it. I've been lurking here for some time, reading, and getting up to speed on these trucks.

A couple of questions:

1) My dogs will ride in the back, and I would like to keep them there. I have a dog barrier, but I am hesitant to use it, since it stays in place by pushing up on the headliner. I'm worried that I will damage the rear vent ducts with it. What do you guys use?

2) What is the definitive service manual for these?

Oh yeah, picts:

p1.jpg

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 big Japanese Akitas and I thought they would jump over the seats but the shade roll in the back does a good job of keeping them from doing that.

Did you try the dogs out in the back yet? You might find out that you really don't need anything to keep them back there.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 big Japanese Akitas and I thought they would jump over the seats but the shade roll in the back does a good job of keeping them from doing that.

Did you try the dogs out in the back yet? You might find out that you really don't need anything to keep them back there.

Maybe he needs somthing to hold the dogs back in case of an accident? A dog no matter how little will hurt you flying into the back of your head in 55mph. :)

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking vehicle! I like the color. Welcome to the forum from a fellow CO member!

90Carat

Reaction score

Yeah, so I gave that a rip. That little experiment ended in a flurry of expletives, and paw prints on my center console. Poor doggers had no idea where to exit the new car. We do rescue dog transports as well, and gates are pretty much necessary.

I have a gate coming. It should be here tomorrow, hopefully. It is different from most, so I'll post picts.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a small speaker enclosure to keep my king shepherd in the back, but she lays down and does what she's told. I'd like to get a partition for mine, my brother found some sweet ones online when he was looking up stuff for his crown victoria. I'll try to find the websites, they looked pretty sleek and unobtrusive but would protect the dag in case of an accident. PM me if you have any questions about these trucks, I have a vast abundance of useless knowledge especially regarding denalis. Check out www.denalitrucks.com too.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so I gave that a rip. That little experiment ended in a flurry of expletives, and paw prints on my center console. Poor doggers had no idea where to exit the new car. We do rescue dog transports as well, and gates are pretty much necessary.

I have a gate coming. It should be here tomorrow, hopefully. It is different from most, so I'll post picts.

lol sorry to hear.....thank god for well behaved animals :smilielol:

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe he needs somthing to hold the dogs back in case of an accident? A dog no matter how little will hurt you flying into the back of your head in 55mph. :)

hmm...my dogs would have to hit a shade cover, two rows of seats and a headrest before they "flew into the back of my head". :iq: