is the kon totaled????.... should I start saying my goodbyes..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was a rainy day today. going a little fast. Just could not stop in time. Im sick over it. But do you guys think it totaled??

ok seriously. Backed in to the stupid sprinkler pump in the garage last night.. What kinda cost am I looking at. The black mark is the part of the bumper that actully split.

ykon.jpg

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you can pop that out if you reach your hand around and push it out. It'll probably cost you 800-900 to get a new rear bumper painted and installed is my guess.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you can pop that out if you reach your hand around and push it out. It'll probably cost you 800-900 to get a new rear bumper painted and installed is my guess.

I could do that except that little square is broken. It just bugs the F*ck out of me that its not perfect anymore. Im super anal about that stuff. IDK why. LOL.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I however did have a near miss. Driving to work 2 days ago, drove over an icy bridge and I thought I was done. Luckily didn't hit anything and the bridge was just short enough to reach tarmac and straighten itself out! whew

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just take it to the shop and get it fix.. what is your ded?

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could do that except that little square is broken. It just bugs the F*ck out of me that its not perfect anymore. Im super anal about that stuff. IDK why. LOL.

haha me too! i think i would have fix it just cause it would bug me too much!

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Or for sure more than 250. You figure, you're gonna need a new bumper cover, prep, and paint. Plus labor. I would put it closer to the 600 range or so.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $650 to have a hood painted 3 years ago, that didn't need bodywork, just sand, paint & clearcoat. I complained about the price, and was told the materials, was more than half the cost. I don't work in body work or anything, but I would guess, about
$850, unless you really know someone. Good Luck.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea id say inbetween a 1500 to a grand.. the bumper probably costs around what 500 bucks?? i really have no idea on that one, but it depends if you want aftermarket or OEM... paint now a days is really expensive (trust me i know).. youll need about a pint of paint (100bucks), then your reducer, then your clear, then other misc stuff they will charge u for.... prep time will take about an hour, then to paint and clear another 2hrs.. so around 5 hrs of work they will charge u for?....

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or just bring it down to me and ill slap some paint on it and just charge for materials...
: ) P.S. im in Ohio hehe

And now that i look at the bumper some more.. They might be able to still save it, or i can atleast.. Evercoat/sem/duramix make alll great products for bumper repairs. And that split your talking about is no big deal....

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks! I am picky too and that would bug me. Keep us up to date on the fix. Maybe we should start a poll on the costs ;).

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was 650 to just repair the bumper on my 08 when someone hit it. They melted the bumper back to shape then had to repaint it. The white diamond cost a little more because it was a 3 step process but it wass basically 2 sctratchs from the lady that hit me pulling into a parking spot. For a new bumper I would say you are looking at atleast a grand.

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
Don't accept the first price from the first shop. My wife's Mini got a ding in the fender from (drum roll please) a raccoon that got in the garage and dislodged a bed frame leaning on the wall. First price was $1000 from a 'reputable' shop and the Honda dealer's body shop (I was there getting an oil change in our Civic and thought why not check) did an awesome job for $650!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to a shop and they said 755 with labor. Im not gunna make a claim because it will raise my rates for the next 2 years.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well last year I backed into a concrete post and damaged the driver side corner of my bumper and cracked the tail light. Cost me $1000. I paid it out of my pocket b/c at that time my ded was $500.

IMHO, I would take it to the dealership to get fixed. I took my to a bodyshop that works on Jags and my bumper looks a shade off. Just a month or two ago I was at the dealership to get my esky roof racks painted and the guy pulled out the color chart and I found out that there are seven different variences of my color. (I asked him to pull it out to check the bumper and to make sure we got the color right.)

So now if you look hard, you can tell my bumper does not match the rest of the paint. But like i said just my opinion.

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not paying attention and jack knifed my trailer into the quarter panel on my truck . It gouged it and scraped the paint of the bumper. Luckly there is a body shop next door and we work on the favor system. What I learned was the bumper comes off in less than 10 min. There are screws behind each wheel and a couple when you lift the hatch and it comes right off. You could do it yourself. I also learned that a bodyshop with good paint software should have a program called vindacator the punch in your vin # and it gives them the exact color varance of your color. The paint code only gets you close, it all depends what else was painted on the assembly line that day. The pulled and mudded the dent then only sprayed white over the damage and cleared the whole quarter and you can not tell. They did however spray the whole bumper,perfect match you would not even know it was done. By the way I bought it used with 37000 miles and had not even made my first payment. Buy then new bumper take it to be painted and put it on yourself

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

RT if you even think about putting that bumper on i believe we will all shoot you.

who would even think of putting that nasty a?@ ricer looking thing on a gorgeous truck like a hoe or kon?