my silverado has the devel in it. which hates me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LONG POST WARNING.

OK here is what happened. I leave today for richmond va, stop at the shell I always stop at and filler up with 93. Truck is running GREAT, I mean fantasic. Like better than usual fantastic. I think COOL. Keep going. Get there in great time as the drivetrain is running smoother than ever, I could do 80 in what felt like 55. So get there, get my chit done start heading back. ITs kinda rougher on the way home. But I think nothing of it. Back to normal. Power is there though and tranny is smooth as butter. Stop in Williamsburg For a snack and soda. Still at half tank so I leave it alone, I start her up and notice the driverside headlight is not on. I find this strange since Im on a harness, Its prolly just a concidence, but I turnd them off and on. When I turn them on the engine surges horribly and stalls. I restart and everything is fine. So I get back on 64 to head for home. I floor it to merge, IT revs and gets to 5k and then falls flat on its face, just goes down to idle, did not stall, Check engine, reduced power are on the display. I shift in to N and restart it. Reduced engine power is gone, but check engine is still there. I push the peddle to half way and it revs up but alot less power. LIke im only firing 4 cylinders or somthing. The rear of the truck has this horrible squeak and it bumps like its got a flat tire. But nothing in the way of the wheels. So I pull off. Call onstar, they cant read my codes for some reason. But send for a truck. Truck tows me to a local dealer and gives me a ride. I said thanks, but I live an hour away. Im not spending the night in a hotel an hour away from my house and im for damn sure not trecking back here. The dealer was great, covered my tow to my local dealer, AND lent me a car to drive back to va beach. I gotta give some props to the gm dealers as I got to the va dealer and the service was closed, but dealer said the williams burg dealer talked to him and just leave the keys with me. Fantastic. But what about my truck. He said I will open the garage so it can stay inside, and leave me a note to give to the service tech. I know him and im so thankful he was working tonight. Anyway all that is taken care of. But what the hell happend do you think. I just got home a couple hours ago. Buddy picked me up and we went to party. loz. So i had been in the area since 8. anyway,

Dealer left me an intresting offer and I want yalls opinion. He said that he would give me 4k for my truck in its current condition, and then refund me the repairs I had them do a couple weeks ago (tranny , brakes, roters, trans axle, etc) equaling about 5500, He has a 09 2500 duramax crew cab long bed. Its a demo with 4500k miles on it. Has z71, leather, 6 way power seat, rear camera, and convince packedge. Everything else is whats standard. Stereo is base, but I hate the bose anyway so I could just put some new JL's in there. But whats your thoughts. Is this a fair trade on my silverado??? I could sure use the duramax for work. But Im worried the 2500 suspension is gunna be hell on my back. Especally with the z71 packedge.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT did you ask him why the sudden interest in the slivy?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea, nice Silverado too!
How much is the new Silvy?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea, nice Silverado too!
How much is the new Silvy?

Its 44k. But is discounted to 36k, I think I could get him down to 31k. Its a demo with 4500-4600 miles.

But its a sierra not a silverado. But IMO you say tomato I say tamato.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh its a Sierra, even better!!!:thumbsup:
I'd get it!

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't ride too terrible. My cousin has a 08 3/4 ton dmax, crew cab, long box. Rides like a truck, better than a 1 ton, not as good as a 1/2 ton. He loves it, if I were you - I would jump on that deal. He is also getting 20+mpg on the highway. If you think your truck is going to continue to have problems, I would jump on the deal.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd do it in a heart beat, especially that he is basically giving you 9500 for your ride, even with electrical problems! I would love a duramax diesel right now, keep us informed!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will do. I wont know anything til this evening about what is wrong. But im hoping its somthing bad as the dealers contract right now is AS IS. So that means whether it needs 10 bucks or 10000 bucks of work, he said as is and I signed a paper for the evaluaton of trade in So I have it in writing, I asked him to do it as all that was going through my head at this point is "i want this damn truck out of my life" If its a bad repair I can cut my losses and be persuaded to get a new one. Im gunna go testdrive the 2500 later. he also has a 1500 with a 6.2. its not a denali, but its a nice truck. I just dont like the SLT interior, I love it in my yukon, But its not a truck interior to me. I like the SLE interior. So the Duramax is even more perfect then. Crunching the numbers I could swing the new truck quite easilly. I just sell some stock and take them a check. Then I get a 100k warrenty again. Which I need on a work truck. I beat the piss out of them.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get it Pro-Comp/Rancho level it and put oon some 35" tires! :)