Is there a fuse to cut off the DRL's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limited00

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Chevy Tahoe Limited, and I have the Daytime Running Lights that come on all the time. Hoe can I get those to go off but still be able to us the switch to cut the headlights on @ night? Tahoe Limited NOOB:rolleyes:

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, its not a fuse.. its a err.. what do you call that thing.. lemme find the proper thread.. - well after searching, there is a fuse in the fuse panel - for the DTRLs - and there is also another thing that i can't think of what in the world it is called - but it is under the dash, on the right side of the steering wheel (i think) and it looks like a heat-sink.. that is what controls the dtrls - mine in my yukon is burnt out.. so the dtrls do not work - but the headlights do.. - ah ha its a DRL diode - http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/NoEcm/DRLDiodeReplacement.jpg

anyways - u could just take that off and unplug it - (to take it off.. its really simple just use a screw-driver or something to pry the prongs up in front of it, and it will slide off... )

BigBlackBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Chevy Tahoe Limited, and I have the Daytime Running Lights that come on all the time. Hoe can I get those to go off but still be able to us the switch to cut the headlights on @ night? Tahoe Limited NOOB:rolleyes:

Just remove the fuse from the fuse panel. It was fuse #15 in the panel.

j5avery

Reaction score
You can also use your parking brake to shut off the daytime driving lights. Put it on one click so the illumination on the dash just lights up and the brakes shouldn't grab yet. Just test it out in drive without hitting the gas if the car creeps forward without hitting the gas the parking brake hasn't grabbed yet. You can then turn your lights on and off with the switch without the daytime running lights or automatic lights coming on at night.

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the fuse for the DRLs on my '96.

As I recall though, the fuse for the DRLs is also the fuse for the factory foglights. This may not be the case for a '97.

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops guess I thought the original poster had a '97.

OK so this might not be the case on '00.

Limited00

Reaction score
Sorry for it takin me so long to get back @ everyone. I took the 20A fuse out of the fuse box located along the driver's side door (Dashboard) and it works just fine. I have my fog lights running and the parking lights running, not my headlights. Looks pretty good to me, exactly what I was lookin for!!