It smells like I ran over a plastic bag or a smart car, what is causing it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAHOE FREAK

Reaction score
I have a burnt plastic smell from under the vehicle, is it my catalytic converter going?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could just be something plastic melting away, iy happenned to me once.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Are you sure you wiped good??

No seriously, it could have been some debris that got caught up under the truck. If youve had your hood open to do some wire running, there is a chance the smell could be a plastic wire loom melting on the exhaust manifold.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a trash bag stick to the convertor and exhaust system on a trip one time and took about 500 miles for the smell to go away.

Have you had the heated washer fluid recall performed? If not, it might be that melting down as wmgood64 alluded to.

TAHOE FREAK

Reaction score
I don't have the heated washer fluid, but the plastic bag theory makes sense.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed your a Moderator, how many are on here?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 of them now.

When I came here the mods were LTG and Jk motorsports, then I was a mod and then there were some site changes and LTG and I resigned, It was just Jk for a while, then the spam got bad and Tahoe freak became a mod, then it got REALLY bad and then Siproth is now a mod .

Current mods in order of how long they have been mods and jk was made to an admin about 4-5 months ago

Jkmotor-admin

Tahoe freak-mod

Siproth.-mod

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Hawstly???
RT I never knew you were a mod? Are you sure you didn't get laid off, jk.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He asked about Mods. But yes, Hawlsty who (i think) is Bparker. The founder and admin of the site.

yes Laptopgamer and I were mods. Long story that is private and needs no further detail. :shhh:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no wonder I noticed yall two have alot of post compared to others.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, I was up paying my house taxes :)ack:) and there was this yellow smart car that could have fit like 4 of in the bed of my truck. I go in and there is this women who is like 5 times the size of it and its hers. WTF. LOL

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
dude, I was up paying my house taxes :)ack:) and there was this yellow smart car that could have fit like 4 of in the bed of my truck. I go in and there is this women who is like 5 times the size of it and its hers. WTF. LOL

That is hilarious, most likely they are tree hugging SUV haters that drive those. I swear that would almost fit in my Tahoe if I fold the rear seats down.