It's Like Having a FREE LockPic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has notice this and I haven't seen a thread on this but my suburban's NAV radio operates without driving restrictions.

I can push the NAV button and the "warning" pop-up doesn't show anymore.

I can enter an address without pulling over and I can also scroll the XM categories without stopping.

The only thing I haven't checked yet is to see if I can watch a DVD while in motion.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think I just got a hard on. :D

more lockpic sex please...(info)

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what Nav Disc do you use? Was the truck serviced lately?

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the new disc in the mail a few weeks ago. I didn't notice anything till today though.

I'll go out side right now and see if I can get it back to the screen that lets you set it for nonrestrictive driving.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I still cannot drive and watch a movie but can do everything else.

I'M using NAV Disc: GM P/N25974486U

United States, Canada, Alaska and Hawaii

1. Push the hard "MENU" button
2. Push the "RADIO" button on the touch screen
3. Push the "LIMIT FEATURES WHILE DRIVING" button on touch screen
4. Push the "OFF" button on touch screen

And your done. You can scroll XM categories and enter destinations on the navigation unit while driving.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is so awesome! I was so excited I ran out to the garage to check mine right now and it's just like yours. It would have probably taken me weeks before I discovered it on my own. Thanks :cool:.

GMCYukonDenali

Reaction score
I checked my 07 Denali and no luck. I did get my first upgraded disc from GM, but the P/N doesn't match. For those of you where this works, have you upgraded your disc?

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my free update back in August and received it in the mail last week.

The original nav disc that came with my Denali had data from 2005.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll order my disc upgrade in the morning.

But this kinda confirms that its software that blocks the features while in motion. Maybe some computer geek will create a patch for it.

I wonder if the just reprogrammed the files on the original disc or simply added new files to the newer disc. I'll compare when the new disc comes. I also wonder if you can load the old disc back in and still have the limitations disabled. (just to check for fun)

thanks for the news.

Last edited:

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ok screen comes up every 50 times or so....it actually changed based on vehicle speed so i can watch movies in drive while slowly creeping along....not sure what else becomes locked with higher speeds

fyi for those of you with lockpicks....i actually turned off the driving restrictions bc when using the lockpick in fill screen video it would sparratically jump to 'windowed' mode and i would have to hit full screen again

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and i def want to make a custom solution to override the dvd block but i dont have the computer knowledge or time for that matter

even change boot up screens etc

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW... it just hit me. This update kinda screws the Lockpic unit in certain ways.

I wonder if they will ever update the dvd software to play BlueRay DVDs ?

edit:

just ordered my new disc. But its backordered for up to 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. For Blu-ray you would need a new dvd drive. I guess that is about a year away.
For those of you with 2008 's we have to pay for the 2009 upgrade. The rep I spoke with stated the free dvd/nav update was for 2007 vehicles. I had heard that before on this forum also.
I get xm scrolling anyway with the "LIMIT FEATURES WHILE DRIVING" turned off, but can not enter an address for the Nav while moving.No dvd movies while driving either. The Lockpick is in my future :)

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. For Blu-ray you would need a new dvd drive. I guess that is about a year away.
For those of you with 2008 's we have to pay for the 2009 upgrade. The rep I spoke with stated the free dvd/nav update was for 2007 vehicles. I had heard that before on this forum also.
I get xm scrolling anyway with the "LIMIT FEATURES WHILE DRIVING" turned off, but can not enter an address for the Nav while moving.No dvd movies while driving either. The Lockpick is in my future :)

hum? I guess it would depend on when you got your truck. The upgraded Nav dvd is released in Oct of each year. So in Oct 2008 the 2009 dvd was released, In Oct 2007 the 2008 dvd was released, etc etc.

my understanding is that "the vehicle" gets 2 free upgrades. EX: 2007 owners get the 08 & 09 dvds free. 2008 vehicles get the 2009 & 2010 dvds free. They keep track by the VIN.
They are suppose to mail out a postcard, but for some reason it doesn't get sent to everyone. I'm not sure what happens if someone never orders the ugrades, say in the case of a 2004 owner. Maybe they would still honor 2 free dvd udgrades. not sure.