Just a heads up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this over on FSC, a guy woke up to go to work and when he went outside his escalade was sicking on blocks. He lives in Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale Florida. The rims are 24" Giovanna Caracas, with Nitto N420s tires. If you have any information on these wheels please sign up and let him know, his username is: loud04z71

2yo5q81.jpg

8vzui9.jpg

Link to thread:

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/image-gallery/snapshots-videos/367795-welp-fun-while-lasted.html

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That so sucks! What a major bummer. Lots of good luck to him in getting his wheels and tires replaced through insurance.

Unfortunately wheel theft like that is quite common. I few guys over on GM Trucks have had their wheels stolen like that. There seems to be organized gangs going around doing it. It's definitely worth it to have a good set of wheel locks.

Other things that are popular for theft are catalytic converters and stealing gas from the tank by drilling a hole in the bottom.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!
If someone did this BS to me I would be about ready to kill somebody, good thing there's Insurance though!!
He should have installed a Tilt/Inclination sensor o once they start jacking that car up the alarm will go aff and they'll run!!

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks!

i just read over on another forum (r6-forum), someone had their car (05 audi A4) and 2 bikes (r6 and zx-10) stolen from their garage while they were asleep!

i hate thieves!

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had some of that going on near me. A group was concentrating on Nissan Maxima/Altima wheels. Apparently they were good for a quick turnover on the sale. Usually 2-4 guys take off all 4 wheels in less than 3 minutes. Too bad they couldn't put this work/thought into something useful.

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!
If someone did this BS to me I would be about ready to kill somebody, good thing there's Insurance though!!
He should have installed a Tilt/Inclination sensor o once they start jacking that car up the alarm will go aff and they'll run!!

I wanted to get this for mine, but according to GM engineers if you have auto ride it is not recommended to install the inclination sensor since the alarm could be triggered as the the autoride settles after the vehicle is turned off.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely worth it to have a good set of wheel locks.

He did have a set of wheel locks on there and the alarm was on but like he said there is a way to get around everything

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true, there is a ways around anything. But then there are wheel locks and then there are wheel locks. The McGard wheel locks are really good from what I've heard people say.

demonal

Reaction score
We had someone a couple blocks down with his escalade on blocks also.. Anyone come near my 24s are meeting the end of my 12guage...

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****ers!!! Did he have wheel locks!?? Make u wish u have a garage!

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are ways around wheel locks. when the shop that i got my wheels put on closed down and i lost my wheel lock. so i went to home depot and got one of those gator grip sockets (always seen them on infomercials). <--- i know probably spelled it wrong. haha

NightOwl

Reaction score
They will get what's coming.

I agree with Demonal, that or the .45
A good SAW movie reenactment sounds good too.

BlueAc

Reaction score
there are ways around wheel locks. when the shop that i got my wheels put on closed down and i lost my wheel lock. so i went to home depot and got one of those gator grip sockets (always seen them on infomercials). <--- i know probably spelled it wrong. haha

Why would u post that?:confused2:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor's car alarm went off when his car's wheels were being stolen. They had all 4 wheels off and were gone in less than a minute.
People that fast under that kind of pressure should be working in a pit crew.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to sound like an ass, but i'd probably opt to live in a nicer area then spend all my money on my ext with 24"s on it, to park it outside a house/ area like that..
good luck to him because that's surely messed up however.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you're right SVT but some people like their cars better than houses and vice versa.
Plus he could be young and never felt he needed better!

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would u post that?:confused2:

So that all the theives that come to this site to research stealing wheels will know how to get around wheel locks, duh. :smilielol:

Relax... its not rocket science. Besides, theives dont use Gator grips anyway. They have their own method to remove wheel locks which works easier. They dont need any help from us amatuers...

Last edited: