Just a heads up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this over on FSC, a guy woke up to go to work and when he went outside his escalade was sicking on blocks. He lives in Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale Florida. The rims are 24" Giovanna Caracas, with Nitto N420s tires. If you have any information on these wheels please sign up and let him know, his username is: loud04z71

2yo5q81.jpg

8vzui9.jpg

Link to thread:

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/image-gallery/snapshots-videos/367795-welp-fun-while-lasted.html

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boy that sucks. I had all my Lade hubcaps taken off my rado. Its no big deal to me other than principle and that someone was messing with my ride. Gives me an excuse to get chevy ones now.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea saw that. bad part about it is that he had them less than a month. and someone stole a tv out of someones car down the street from him.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats FU<KED UP!!!! ASSH0LES! I mean DAMN seems like no one can have something nice without having the fear of it being stolen or vandalized! WE ALL WORK EXTREMELY HARD to have or get it to where we want it to be!!! *******S like that need to find a JOB I know the economy is bad but come on! And you do have something nice you gotta spend alot of money on security systems and add ons to try and to some degree get a piece of mind. We all know that security systems can only do so much and people are so used to hearing them people don't even take second look anymore when they do go off! Ok my done Venting for now I know we all will keep are eyes & ears open!!!

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he say if he had lug locks or not? Man that would piss me off to see my truck like that when I was heading out the door to go make a living....

Yep, he had an alarm system and lug locks.

These thief's were professionals.

KSA1

Reaction score
We also suffer a lot in our country to steal the wheels of cars

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 7
  • car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 6

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, that really sucks, i plan on getting new rims to replace my stock ones, any creative ideas on security and preventing my rims from getting stolen?

xav8r

Reaction score
Except for the fact that theft helps the industry sell more product due to all of our need to satisfy our vanity, it's too bad we can't convince them to microchip rims. Similar to animals being microchiped. I guess the end game would still be a black market for them though.

The other thing that really sucks is that they'll be back to get the replacements.

Bottom line, with a truck like that, drive nice, don't be annoying with the stereo, mufflers, driving habits, etc AND park it the garage. In today's world you never know who or why someone is looking at you, your family, and your stuff.

I feel for everyone who's experienced something like this.

xav8r

Reaction score
Except for the fact that theft helps the industry sell more product due to all of our need to satisfy our vanity, it's too bad we can't convince them to microchip rims. Similar to animals being microchiped. I guess the end game would still be a black market for them though.

The other thing that really sucks is that they'll be back to get the replacements.

Bottom line, with a truck like that, drive nice, don't be annoying with the stereo, mufflers, driving habits, etc AND park it the garage. In today's world you never know who or why someone is looking at you, your family, and your stuff.

I feel for everyone who's experienced something like this.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you can always get a tilt senor for the alarm so when they lift it it'll trigger the alarm.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess as long as you're spending money, if you have it that is, you could put a video surveilance system on it. I saw a tv report of a guy who got his ride keyed big time. Turns out he had a video recorede that was movement activated and it recorded the whole thing. He took the tape to the officials and they were able to identify the guy as one of his neighbors. I mean your rims would still be gone but it might give the police something to go on. It just sucks the big one that people even need to think about spending that kind of money to protect thier personal belongings. I think Ted Nugent is right, we should all be packing.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cutting off the hands of the thief may discourage others from doing the same thing. :D

91RS

Reaction score
Yep, he had an alarm system and lug locks.

These thief's were professionals.

No, they were not professionals. You can anywhere and buy the Gorilla lug nut key for $4. Professionals would not have done the blocks like that. They lifted up each corner and took the wheels off and then put the blocks under the rotors. A professional would not have done it that way because that takes to long.