Just purchase 2018 Tahoe. Want upgraded lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoed1979

Reaction score
My Tahoe is a 2018 LT, but it has the halogen projector headlights. Anyone here replace them with LED lights that fit well in the projector? I do not want to replace the entire housing, just the lights. Also, is there anything I need to be weary of or change before it breaks? Thank you!

cbpat1

Reaction score
I replaced mine with LED bulbs on both low and high beams. WOW. What a difference! That’s all I can say. It’s the only mod I have made to my 2018 Tahoe so far and it was a good starter.

Tahoed1979

Reaction score
I replaced mine with LED bulbs on both low and high beams. WOW. What a difference! That’s all I can say. It’s the only mod I have made to my 2018 Tahoe so far and it was a good starter.

What did you buy and where from? Do you have projectors on your Tahoe?

cbpat1

Reaction score
I bought them off CARID.. I forget what brand they were. They were the white and not the blue. As far as the install, they were just like a direct replacement, no modifications needed. It just took a few minutes. When the high beams kick on, you can see forever, it seems like. I don’t know if you can buy a bad brand or not. I bought something mid price range. I’m happy as a clam with my purchase.

SARNCAN

Reaction score
I saw ppl talking about Philips HID and how it fits the Tahoe perfectly, and they complement the brightness and color too (Too bright compared to OEM HID @ LTZ/Premier, and the color matches the DRL LEDs as 6000k as they claim I guess)
Be aware that I believe there are a lot of replicas out there and were not manufactured/made in Germany especially when there is a big price difference, so just make sure you get them from a trusted location.

I have a 2018 Tahoe Premier with factory installed HID (I guess GM get Osram kit for their HIDs), but I guess if car’s bulbs ware out, I might go with Philips then.

Tahoe2017

Reaction score
HID lights require extra hardware, Relays and harness, they draw more current.
LEDs are plug and play, if you select the right Leds lights.
Leds are nearly as brite as HID these days.
I installed LED in low, High and Fog lights, literally night and day difference.
thanks Chevrolet for giving me headlights from 1980 on this $70k vehicle.
recommend www.diodedynamics.com there is cheaper but not better quality.

Matrix80

Reaction score
I am also interesting in hearing what people chose, and how they got it installed.

When my last vehicle had them (a Cadillac CT6), all I got was people flashing their lights at me thinking my high-beams were on. It was a bit annoying, but the high-efficiency was worth it.

Tahoe2017

Reaction score
first thing you need to figure out is if your headlights are Projector type or Reflector type.
This determines type of bulb you use 2015-18 Tahoe is Projector housing with crappy Halogen bulb.
you can actually tune the LED's light pattern by rotating the led bulb slightly, on good quality LEDs.
new cars have a top blinder, that keeps your headlight pattern below the US standard,
of 46" from the ground @ 25ft. Distance.