Katzkin Leather Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dredmond24

Reaction score
Here some pics of my new leather interior. What do you think?

Los

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 90

slvrbrchyukon

Reaction score
Looks good ... how much did that cost you? I am also looking into doing the same thing before the end of the year.

dredmond24

Reaction score
Thanks! I am very happy with it. The factory seats were becoming impossible to keep clean.

slvrbrchyukon, the leather and installation cost around $1200.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont wanna rain on your parade but to me it looks like the leather is loose on the last picture.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont wanna rain on your parade but to me it looks like the leather is loose on the last picture.

It's not a loose installation issue. This is typical after a fresh leather install, and takes some time for things to fully settle. Basically, after being cut & sewn in the pattern, needs some pressure, heat, etc. to fully acclimate to the seat cushions. It won't fully "tighten up", but the large wrinkles and such seen should largely fade.

dredmond24

Reaction score
beach109 is correct, the installation is perfect. The leather just needs to settle. Believe me, if it was a shoddy installation. I would still be at the shop screaming, until it was corrected.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

beach109 is correct, the installation is perfect. The leather just needs to settle. Believe me, if it was a shoddy installation. I would still be at the shop screaming, until it was corrected.

beden1

Reaction score
I kinda think that the factory seating is pretty good, and even though I am an anal type, it never even struck me to consider having to change the leather covers?

dredmond24

Reaction score
The factory seating was becoming a pain in the arse to keep clean. The light color just seemed to collect dirt and lint way to much. So, I decided to replace it with leather.

beden1

Reaction score
The factory seating was becoming a pain in the arse to keep clean. The light color just seemed to collect dirt and lint way to much. So, I decided to replace it with leather.

I just figured out from your post that you didn't have factory leather seating. From reading other posts about how the material seats collect lint, I would probably have done the same as you did with the custom install. Enjoy, it looks very good.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you have it installed. did you have a local guy do it, or does the company install it them selves?? im intrested in the product for another car of mine.

MOBANN1

Reaction score
Looks good, I've always been a fan of the Katzkin interiors. :thumbsup:

dredmond24

Reaction score
Rolling Thunder,
I had a local shop order the leather and do the install.

I could have order the leather off of the internet, but then I would have had to install it myself. I don't have the skill or the time to do that. :nonod:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a leather guy who did the leather top on my cadillac, i know i should check with him, but the installer should order the leather then.

thanks dude.

TEXAS TAHOE

Reaction score
Looks good to me, I know that I am a little late but it looks good. Did the leather ever smooth out or does it look the same.