Knocking from Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe Germany

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2003 Tahoe in Germany since a half year. Since i have it there is a knocking to hear and feel in the steeringwheel by cornering at low speed (20 -30 Mls) They changed at a GM Dealer here the Steeringtransmission at fist. Worked fo about 450 Mls than there was it again. They changed the shaft wich ist direktly obove the Tranmisson ( That part wich is bending by an acident). Ok, worked for about 450 Mls. There was it again at fist a little than more and more. They fasten the screws again. Ok worked fo about 200 Mls, does it again was ok for another 100 Mls. Now the Car was for a Week in the Garage. But when i picked it up it was not Ok. They said its " normal " a little play from the Gear. ( but it´s new)
Does anybody know about this Problem i can´t belive that this normal, there are so many Tahoe´s in USA and all should have this and the drivers should stay with it. No, I think they only don´t know what to do.

I´ll be thankfull for any Help

Hans

Tahoe Germany

Reaction score
Thanks Old Goat

after 2 hour´s reading my eyes are tearing
I can´t belive that the half USA is fighting this Problem for years and a German GM Dealer knows nothing, and maybe it´s just looking into there Computer (Programm with the "GM Help") to see a historie over years find the 19153614 Part, order it, fix it.
If i would make my work as a service adviser or writer like you maybe say at the VW dealer where i am i would lose my Job since a few days.

Thanks again

Thanks to AJ Fireman but i think they have Problems at high speed and mine is at slow speed and conering on uneven street