Leaking Heater Hose at Quick-Disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dachrist

Reaction score
So the last couple mornings I've come out to the Tahoe and seen a small puddle of Anti-Freeze on the ground. I thought to myself "Oh boy, here comes the dreaded Intake Manifold leak". Today when I was poking around under the hood I discovered that the leak is actually coming from where the heater hose goes into the quick-disconnect fitting at the front left side of the intake manifold. Now I've read about these things breaking off, but is that when you try to remove it from the manifold itself, or is it when you try to pull the hose out? Is there an O-ring on the hose end? And speaking of which, how do you remove it? I tried wiggling it but I am not sure what to do.

tim@sp

Reaction score
I just removed the entire quick disconect thing all together. If you go to a parts store to get the hose... thats all they give you... just a hose, no ends. So i when to the hardware stor and got a 1/2 inch NPT to barbed end that fit the hose they gave me at autozone and a clamp to fit.... All Fixed!! and i dont have to deal with that stupid fitting breaking or leaking again!!!

dachrist

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and took it to the dealer. He changed the fitting for $50. I can handle that, especially with all the horror stories I've read about the fitting breaking off in the intake.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully they got it out with no troubles. I had to saw mine out. and then clean the saw debris out of the inside. so lucky you :)

NoEcm

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and took it to the dealer. He changed the fitting for $50. I can handle that, especially with all the horror stories I've read about the fitting breaking off in the intake.

Make sure they replaced it with a steel one. Hint: check it with a magnet.